UKC

Contemporary Highland Clearances?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Naechi 28 Apr 2021

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/opinion/2165509/ross-ewing-country-sports-c...

I'm struggling to find comparison between increasing regulation for the shooting industry/estates and forcibly evicting families and burning their homes...

Post edited at 10:30
 Drexciyan 28 Apr 2021
In reply to Naechi:

What a load of guff from the public affairs manager for BASC

Myr 28 Apr 2021
In reply to Naechi:

Disgusting for shooting estates - which themselves only exist because of the Clearances - to use such terminology while simultaneously battling land reform.

Post edited at 10:59
 Lankyman 28 Apr 2021
In reply to Naechi:

Bring back the Stuarts!

Tringa 28 Apr 2021
In reply to Myr:

Thought this paragraph was interesting -

"Meanwhile, the scrupulous management of generalist predators and habitats in the name of shooting has done evidenced wonders for biodiversity, not least vulnerable ground nesting birds."

- as long the ground nesting bird isn't a hen harrier.

Dave

Removed User 29 Apr 2021
In reply to Naechi:

I usually don't subscribe to collective outrage but this makes me consider it. The Clearances were on the scale of genocide with the loss of culture, language & identity and leveraging that for commercial melodramatic effect is reprehensible. It would be like saying increasing rent in Bosnia is akin to the Yugoslav War.

DaveHK 29 Apr 2021
In reply to Naechi:

That article is excellent news. It shows that the BASC has their back to the wall and with frothing idiots like him in charge we can expect future spectacular own goals. Vive la révolution! Andy Wightman is definitely getting my list vote. 

guffers_hump 29 Apr 2021
In reply to Naechi:

What a bunch of victims.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...