UKC

Continental Quilt post Brexit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andyd1970 17 Sep 2019

Will my Continental Quilt still work after we leave the EU on the 31st October?

Asking for a friend 

baron 17 Sep 2019
In reply to andyd1970:

> Will my Continental Quilt still work after we leave the EU on the 31st October?

> Asking for a friend 

You’ll have to trade it in for an eiderdown.

Myfyr Tomos 17 Sep 2019
In reply to andyd1970:

Nah. You'll have to manage with an army greatcoat draped over your bed.

girlymonkey 17 Sep 2019
In reply to andyd1970:

Even worse, mine is a European sized king rather than British.  Will I have to burn it as a display of loyalty to the state?!

marsbar 17 Sep 2019
In reply to andyd1970:

No.  Back to itchy blankets and a sheet and one of those odd wiggly counterpane things. 

In reply to andyd1970:

And continental breakfasts... I assume a full English will be compulsory after the 31/10 (minus the Spanish tomatoes, Danish bacon and French Toast etc, etc)

In reply to Phantom Disliker:

You can still have a continental breakfast in a post-no-deal dystopia - it's just the continent involved will be Antarctica.

girlymonkey 17 Sep 2019
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:

Or America as they will own everything in the UK post brexit.

john arran 17 Sep 2019
In reply to andyd1970:

I hope people have applied for visas for their German Shepherds and Irish Wolfhounds, or risk them facing deportation unless they have a documented record of 5 years utility bills in their name.

One too many beers might soon see you arrested for illegal possession of Dutch Courage.

And we'll also need to repopulate to make up for all the EU workers we'll be kicking out, but as we'll be banning French letters that should make up for it.

Flinticus 17 Sep 2019
In reply to andyd1970:

Freedom fries!

JLS 17 Sep 2019
In reply to andyd1970:

After Brexit the continental quilt shall be known are an Empire Quilt.

Tom Valentine 18 Sep 2019
In reply to andyd1970:

I'm more concerned about the Bentley.

In reply to andyd1970:

> Will my Continental Quilt still work after we leave the EU on the 31st October?

After we leave the EU's malign influence and take control of our climate the sun will shine every day and it will never be cold enough to require a quilt.

Billhook 18 Sep 2019
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

With all the hot air about brexit you won't need to wait to leave the EU before it gets warm enough to not need  that quilt. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...