/ Coronavirus - silver linings

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
RomTheBear 17 Mar 2020

The Coronashite situation can be a bit depressing, and it is undoubtedly a new and uncertain situation for all of us.

So I thought why not have a thread for everybody to post some of the few positives we can expect from this crisis.

Here are a few from me:

- Judging by the amount of bog roll being bought, our arses will have never been so squeaky clean.

- We can expect an huge uplift in the country home working capability, this has the potential to truly transform how we work in the future

- Less mindless consumerism, maybe people will refocus on more essential leisures: reading, spending time with family.

- Maybe some tough lessons about the extreme fragility of our social and economic systems will be learned ?

Yanis Nayu 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

I’m hoping we’ll develop a more caring, social outlook as a country. 

Stuart (aka brt) 17 Mar 2020
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> I’m hoping we’ll develop a more caring, social outlook as a country. 

Yeah, you been on Twitter today? Looks grim out there.

David Riley 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

Many other infections should be reduced as well.

mullermn 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

There's likely to be an environmental improvement as a result of all of this, and once people have had a 6 month demonstration of how much better working from home is (mostly) it's quite likely to stick.

The public's general health should improve, at least so far as results from infection, as people's handwashing and personal hygiene routines are improving dramatically.

laurie 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

we might's se a reduction in the obese  nation because of food rationing

Post edited at 12:27
The Wild Scallion 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

The pollution in China , Italy has reduced considerably 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/16/asia/china-pollution-coronavirus-hnk-intl/index.html 

https://www.space.com/italy-coronavirus-outbreak-response-reduces-emissions-satellite-images.html 

Quite synchronistic that it attacks the airways and lungs ,  also that that Corona = crown , halo . 

Who was it that had one of those ? and it's almost Easter.

PS : no conspiracy theories were consulted in the writing of this post.

Rob Parsons 17 Mar 2020
In reply to mullermn:

> There's likely to be an environmental improvement as a result of all of this ...

Already being measured in China, see e.g. https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/16/asia/china-pollution-coronavirus-hnk-intl/index.html

Re the UK: if the government reacts correctly, (and for example makes sure that no one taking action regarding self-isolation loses out financially), then maybe society will recalibrate a bit. But I am not optimistic about the prospects for any such permanent change.

Post edited at 12:30
Hat Dude 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

Fewer drunks in A&E departments?

Post edited at 12:34
mullermn 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

I thought of another one - Boris Johnson is almost certainly having the worst time of his entire life and very much regretting being prime minister.

Sure, up to half a million of us might have to die, but you have to admit it's worth it to make Boris miserable.

Dax H 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

> - Maybe some tough lessons about the extreme fragility of our social and economic systems will be learned ?

More likely once everything blows over it will be back to business as usual. 

RomTheBear 17 Mar 2020
In reply to laurie:

> we might's se a reduction in the obese  nation because of food rationing

Mmmm.... 12 months of Netflix and Deliveroo might offset that.

Rob Parsons 17 Mar 2020
In reply to mullermn:

> I thought of another one - Boris Johnson is almost certainly having the worst time of his entire life and very much regretting being prime minister.

He will be loving it. He can pretend he is Churchill.

> Sure, up to half a million of us might have to die, but you have to admit it's worth it to make Boris miserable.

Not a joke worth making in the current circumstances.

summo 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

> Mmmm.... 12 months of Netflix and Deliveroo might offset that.

But if those with an unhealthy lifestyle make the connection that diabetes, smoking etc. increases their risk of a future coronavirus killing them, they might live healthier lives. Long shot I know. 

Andy Hardy 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

We'll have had loads of practice in dealing with food and medicine shortages when we crash out of the EU in a few short months...and since our economy will have already tanked, there will be less of a brexit crash, and more of a brexit-can't-get-started 

Rob Exile Ward 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

In all seriousness, if economic activity slows down globally - and people realise there's more to life than working and commuting  50+ hours a week - then maybe that will have an effect of reducing emphasis on economic growth at all costs?

Rob Parsons 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

> Mmmm.... 12 months of Netflix and Deliveroo might offset that.

Anybody ordering 'Deliveroo' (or similar) food just now might find they're getting a delivery of something extra that they hadn't bargained for. The financial pressure on the 'gig economy' delivery people is to keep working even though they might be feeling a bit peeky - isn't it?

George Ormerod 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

I bet the preppers are ecstatic. 

gravy 17 Mar 2020

Upsides?

The parting of the waves at work never before have so many shit and unproductive meetings been shelved.

Downside is the tidal wave of virus related email traffic, the move to other platforms where another deluge of virus related crap comes raining down and the utter bollocks of my work's video conferencing system.

In reply to RomTheBear:

The WFH genie will be hard to put back in the bottle. This will be supported by companies realising they have free office space (employees homes) so can shrink their real estate requirements.

kathrync 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

In addition to short-term reduction in pollution, potential long-term social changes that may impact the environment (e.g., many conferences are looking into improving the experience for remote attendees, same for remote working, budget airlines likely to go bust reducing air travel in the longer term).

Healthier work/life balance (for me anyway - much less likely to work until 8 and more likely to step out and go for a run if I am working from home).

Reduction in instances of common cold/flu/norovirus from reduced social interactions and more awareness of hand washing.  The latter may be lasting as it will be instilled in a generation of children.

Something other than Brexit dominating the news (although, I would like a change from Corona virus too). On that note, potentially a further delay to Brexit as both the UK and the EU are too busy managing this epidemic to engage in negotiations?

LeeWood 17 Mar 2020
In reply to kathrync:

> as both the UK and the EU are too busy managing this epidemic to engage in negotiations?

Its rather nice that everyone right across the globe has quit fighting each other - we all have a common enemy outside of national boundaries ie. not defined by

deepsoup 17 Mar 2020
In reply to Andy Hardy:

> We'll have had loads of practice in dealing with food and medicine shortages when we crash out of the EU in a few short months...and since our economy will have already tanked, there will be less of a brexit crash, and more of a brexit-can't-get-started

Also, as they begin to recover from this and we're going into our no-deal crash out already on our knees, it will be strangely refreshing for the Irish to watch a British famine.

In reply to RomTheBear:

Like the Great Depression in the 30's killed the 6 day working week, maybe this will kill the 5 day working week?

In reply to RomTheBear:

The USA will realise that they need a comprehensive nationwide health system, free to all.

Harry Jarvis 17 Mar 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> > as both the UK and the EU are too busy managing this epidemic to engage in negotiations?

> Its rather nice that everyone right across the globe has quit fighting each other - we all have a common enemy outside of national boundaries ie. not defined by

As a counterpoint to this, I was listening to Lord Hennessy on the radio earlier, and he was suggesting that there might be an increase in looking inward, of being suspicious of outsiders, with less willingness to accept open borders - an increase in the populist nationalism we have already seen in a number of countries. 

One of my thoughts regarding the longer term outcomes has been in relation to global manufacturing. So much global manufacturing is based in just one country, and yet businesses around the world are vulnerable to interruptions to supply chains. I wonder if we might see less off-shoring and more localised manufacturing. This might lead to increased prices (due to a loss of the benefits of the economies of scale) but could nonetheless be beneficial to manufacturing economies. 

LastBoyScout 17 Mar 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

> Its rather nice that everyone right across the globe has quit fighting each other - we all have a common enemy outside of national boundaries ie. not defined by

Have you seen the reports of Americans queuing up to buy guns?

wercat 17 Mar 2020
In reply to George Ormerod:

not sure about that - Saturday being a day off happened some time in the 70s I think.  Quite usual for office workers to do at least Saturday morning in the 60s - I used to go in with my father some Saturdays - he went to work and I visited my Grandparents.  A bit older and I had school on Saturday mornings and came home with him

Robert Durran 17 Mar 2020
In reply to laurie

> we might's se a reduction in the obese  nation because of food rationing

Or an increase from sitting around at home.

earlsdonwhu 17 Mar 2020
In reply to mullermn:

Boris may be squirming but imagine having Corbyn and Abbott in charge!

nniff 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

The autumn should be a bonanza for laxative manufacturers as people realise that they need to do something to shift all that loo roll that they have bought.

elsewhere 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

Baby boom in 9-12 months.

mullermn 17 Mar 2020
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

The approach would have been different, but this is such a wildcard event it's pretty hard to predict who would be doing it better.

Corbyn would without a shadow of a doubt immediately annexed every private healthcare facility and probably everything else he thinks he could justify.

Boris' approach isn't inspiring confidence but on the other hand its not like there's a well established playbook for this.. dunno if i'd be doing any better.

In reply to nniff:

I think the loo roll will get used with all the 'jerking from home' that will be going on.

kingborris 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

I'm around £500 better off thanks to refunding the remainder of my rail season ticket this morning

earlsdonwhu 17 Mar 2020
In reply to mullermn:

I was thinking of Abbott and her celebrated grasp of statistics!

Trangia 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

Cleaner air. Apparently the reduction in air traffic is already having a positive effect on the atmosphere.

wercat 17 Mar 2020
In reply to Trangia:

if everybody is at home here I'll have to get out more to get away from the smoke of coal and wood etc that makes my chest worse.  It's been particularly bad at weekends in the village - getting up on to Askham Fell is literally a breath of fresh air

Moley 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

Kindness in our community.

Having been flown back for Madeira to Manchester last night, our car left  at Bristol airport, a village friend did a 350 mile round trip after work to pick us up at 11.30pm and deliver us home at 3.30am.

Just now our pub landlords have offered to drive to Bristol and pick up our car, meaning we can isolate, I can get over my cough and nobody is exposed.

How it should be in a crisis and makes me proud to live here.

Archy Styrigg 17 Mar 2020
In reply to Trangia:

> Cleaner air. Apparently the reduction in air traffic is already having a positive effect on the atmosphere.

There was an interesting Horizon (?) progamme about air traffic being cut back after the Icelandic volcanic incident.  Some guy in western USA has been monitoring the heating of pans of water, and he recorded a significant temperature increase during said flight cutbacks.  Con trails act as a method of global cooling, they reflect solar radiation back whence it came.

Seek it out, I can't be bothered.

shaun stephens 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

"We can expect an huge uplift in the country home working capability, this has the potential to truly transform how we work in the future"

Im truly amazed at how many people think it is easy to work from home. Their isn't a single person in the outdoor field that can do that plus the thousands of others doing normal work.

Archy Styrigg 17 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

Coronavirus - silver linings ...

There was some guy on these very forums, who claimed a couple of weeks back, that he'd do very well financially out of a pandemic .......................

HighChilternRidge 17 Mar 2020
In reply to Archy Styrigg:

This was first realised after 9/11; may now be able to see what the long term effects are. 

jess13 17 Mar 2020
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

> I was thinking of Abbott and her celebrated grasp of statistics!

No fan of Abbott and as she has no influence  so this is a pointless post.

freeflyer 17 Mar 2020
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

I can't remember - how old is Donald Trump exactly?

tom_in_edinburgh 18 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

My guesses:

1. People get fitter and healthier from less air pollution, more free time and less access to food.  In Greece during their financial crisis life expectancy actually went up because people were forced to eat less and walk more.

2. Businesses get used to less face to face meetings and travel and people get used to working from home.   We make a surprisingly big step on climate change goals.

3. Trend to food home delivery and internet shopping accelerates.   Amazon grabs huge market share from physical retailers and doesn't give it back after the crisis.

4. The draconian measures on quarantines and hygiene we use to deal with corona take care of flu as a side effect.  So flu deaths reduce.

5. The electronics industry has some bumper years supplying insatiable demand for network and computing equipment to support transition to home working.

I would like to say that the support measures put in place during the epidemic changed the balance of the economic system but I don't think the Tories are going to let that happen.   There's no talk of tax/debt interest/rent holidays or universal basic income.  Instead we have a loan guarantee scheme which is a gift to banks (borrow money at very low interest from BofE, lend it to business at much higher rates and have a state guarantee so you can't lose).  At the end of this crisis the banks have £380 billion of extra loans to profit from and the businesses have £380Bn debt to pay off from their normal cash flow.

tom_in_edinburgh 18 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

CNN article claims 50,000 reduction in deaths from air pollution in China.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/17/health/china-air-pollution-coronavirus-deaths-intl/index.html

Ciro 18 Mar 2020
In reply to LastBoyScout:

> Have you seen the reports of Americans queuing up to buy guns?

And steal the vaccine from europe:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/16/not-for-sale-anger-in-germany-at-report-trump-seeking-exclusive-coronavirus-vaccine-deal

Charming 🤑

mark s 18 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

If you are in the market for buying shares then there is money to be made.

The roads average speed should increase now over 70s are parked up

Other bacteria and virus infections should drop due to extra care in cleaning 

Rigid Raider 18 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

On R4 this morning they said that although 20,000 are thought to have died in China, the lives of 50,000 have been prolonged due to a reduction in industrial pollution.

Pundits and journalists will get a new term to bandy around after Millenials as the Christmas baby boomers will be named Coronials.

I thank you.

RX-78 18 Mar 2020
In reply to Rigid Raider:

IR35 postponed for a year!

Anyway from my current point of view the British approach has been handy with some local bars and cafe still open as we woke up to a burst water main. No water in the house and none in the supermarkets either so having my morning tea and bathroom visit in the local cafe

wercat 18 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

Being kept in I might be able to write up the unique and complex radio conversion/update I undertook last year and about which I'm getting an increasing number of queries. 

Glad to say that the only other person on titnernet I could find who seems to have thought about it gave up as insoluble.

whenry 18 Mar 2020
In reply to RX-78:

Our cat thinks that it's great - now that we're working from home he sees this as an opportunity for uninterrupted fuss and food.

The Wild Scallion 18 Mar 2020
freeflyer 18 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

I think this is the right place to post the Taoiseach's St Patrick's Day address, which occasionally caused my tear ducts to malfunction. *This* is what I expect of a leader!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpQcR5NuRHY

Andy Johnson 18 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

No annoying emails from recruiters.

Oh, wait....

Moley 18 Mar 2020
In reply to Ciro:

> And steal the vaccine from europe:

> Charming 🤑

Do we think this is fact or are a bunch of Russian hackers playing silly b*****s?

Timmd 18 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

Tidier homes from having to look at what needs sorting during the day each day.

Archy Styrigg 18 Mar 2020
In reply to Timmd:

If my Mrs' school shuts down, that's precisely what I'm going to get her on the case with.
Massively overdue.  She's one these hoarder types.

Ridge 18 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

Hopefully a boost for local businesses. A lot of our local shops are now doing home deliveries and prioritising vulnerable people. Hopefully this will be remembered once the supermarkets have got their acts together.

BruceM 18 Mar 2020
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Unfortunately from experience of other quite serious natural disasters, this "be nicer to each other" outcome does materialize for a short while, but quickly descends back to the "what's in it for me? and screw everybody else" norm that we are more used to.

kipper12 18 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

An unintended consequence of more WFH, rather than being a designated home worker, could well be an increase in back problems and RSI.  Most of our home working arrangements consist of the dining table, or sofa.  Ok for the odd short period of time, but doing that long-term is likely to bad news.  There are reasons why we have DSE assessments, after all. 

Le Sapeur 18 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

Autumn should be a bumper season for new film releases.

Bob Kemp 18 Mar 2020
In reply to the thread:

A few hastily-jotted thoughts:

There could be a change in attitude towards public health, a realisation that being rich and not paying taxes is no protection, and that we really are ‘all in it together’, social beings dependent on each other. Critiques of the ‘nanny state’ begin to look misguided as we see again where the state really does have value and worth.This may facilitate the resurgence of the public sphere, communitarianism and the retreat of neo-liberalism as not fit for purpose in the modern world.

Crises have often been a motivation for strengthening public interventions - greater attention to the public sphere has often followed crises.  There may (should!) be a change in attitude to public spending, with a realisation that cutting services to the bone means no slack in the system that can offer resilience and flexibility in times of crisis. Re-emphasis on job security and food security.

There are other possible benefits but some of them may be double-edged. Another topic...

Timmd 18 Mar 2020
In reply to Archy Styrigg:

> If my Mrs' school shuts down, that's precisely what I'm going to get her on the case with.Massively overdue.  She's one these hoarder types.

I am too (both my parents were/are) and I live in a small terraced house, I'm on a constant journey to declutter. It's a good time for pondering how one's life should more ideally be too, which can get lost among the activity at times.

Post edited at 13:43
Phil79 18 Mar 2020
In reply to shaun stephens:

> Im truly amazed at how many people think it is easy to work from home. Their isn't a single person in the outdoor field that can do that plus the thousands of others doing normal work.

True enough, but there are a large proportion of jobs that are office based and could be readily done anywhere.

wercat 18 Mar 2020
In reply to Bob Kemp:

given that the government didn't even think to include tenants and the various people who get no help under the current benefits system in it's loudly proclaimed help programme until they were put under pressure by Labour and the other parties I'm afraid I have little faith in your excellent concept coming to pass in this lifetime.

Theis government has a wish only to help homeowners.    If you have a big asset like a house and no savings you can be helped.  People unable to own a home are expected to exhaust savings before any help can be given at all.   There is a huge injustice in this as it provides a disincentive to save and actual punishment for having saved.

This crisis might result in our savings being exhausted without any help. Perhaps then we might get help but at the price of destitution and complete helplessness in any out of the ordinary household eventuality.  It's a crime.

David Riley 18 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

It feels like an exercise, standing in the yard for a fire drill.  Almost nobody fears being killed.  Only worried about others.

If we do ever get a proper "Black Death".  The experience of this time will be very beneficial.

RomTheBear 18 Mar 2020
In reply to wercat:

> Theis government has a wish only to help homeowners.    If you have a big asset like a house and no savings you can be helped.  People unable to own a home are expected to exhaust savings before any help can be given at all.   There is a huge injustice in this as it provides a disincentive to save and actual punishment for having saved.

^^ THIS. People doing the responsible thing by saving instead of taking huge mortgages always end up paying to bail out the former.

Same for businesses. I don’t have data for the UK, but in the US airlines spent 50bn on share buy back.

Now they are asking for a 45bn bailout...

Post edited at 15:40
malk 18 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

i was thinking matt baker self-isolating would be a silver lining but he has skype and a cute dog;(

Bob Kemp 18 Mar 2020
In reply to wercat:

I know what you mean, but I think that the whole edifice of the cosy relationship between government and private capital, with its emphasis on avoiding regulation and government involvement, will be shown to be terminally dysfunctional. As a result, even the Tories may have to adapt. In the meantime I'd hope that the Labour Party wakes up from its own dysfunctional nightmare, discards its outdated statism and starts to present a genuine community-centred alternative that takes account of how the world is changing. (I know, pigs might fly etc....) 

wercat 18 Mar 2020
In reply to Bob Kemp:

it would be great if you are right!

Bob Kemp 18 Mar 2020
In reply to wercat:

And in other news, a genuine positive... the Eurovision Song Contest has been cancelled!

ring ouzel 18 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

If people are not out and about as much it might mean that wildlife can flourish due to a lack of disturbance. On the other hand, it probably means a bad year for raptors on grouse moors.

I know of several ecologists who intend to intensely study their gardens this summer. Expect new species for Britain, and probably some new to science, to be found.

neilh 18 Mar 2020
In reply to Bob Kemp:

Very disappointed. My wife and I had our first daughter on Eurovision night 23 years ago. So it has great memories for us. 

BnB 18 Mar 2020
In reply to neilh:

>  Very disappointed. My wife and I had our first daughter on Eurovision night 23 years ago. So it has great memories for us. 

What’s your daughters name? Boom-bang-a-bong?

EdS 18 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

Tour of Yorkshire is cancelled so less disruption caused by MAMILs around our way

Bob Kemp 19 Mar 2020
In reply to neilh:

I had to Like that, even if you are in complete opposition to me... 😀

Lesdavmor 19 Mar 2020
In reply to Bob Kemp:

No football matches on tv

John Stainforth 19 Mar 2020
In reply to ring ouzel:

There's going to be less roadkill, which will good for many species (except raptors)

Bob Kemp 19 Mar 2020
In reply to Lesdavmor:

That's a Bad Thing! It isn't really a problem for non-lovers of football these days anyway as you have to opt in and pay to watch it.

Jabbott 19 Mar 2020
In reply to Bob Kemp:

Apart from when you have hours of prime time BBC output devoted to the FA cup...

Bob Kemp 19 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

This is some musings from an Italian philosopher in lockdown on ways of thinking about the current crisis, with some of the positive possibilities explored:

https://tinyurl.com/te36zae

stp 19 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

I think this will have a deep and long lasting, if not permanent, effect on the aviation industry. Reduction of high altitude emissions is very positive for climate change.

Tom V 20 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

People considering getting married should get it done ASAP and save the expense of a reception with a clear conscience.

aln 20 Mar 2020
Moley 20 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

My wife planted the first rows of broad bean seedlings out today. 

gazhbo 21 Mar 2020

> Reduction in instances of common cold/flu/norovirus from reduced social interactions and more awareness of hand washing.  The latter may be lasting as it will be instilled in a generation of children.

While there may be some positives to come out of this, long term reduced social interaction will not be one of them.  Even from a health perspective, although I’m sure the advice we’re now being given about extreme social distancing (and it is extreme) is correct, it runs completely contrary to what we’re told about social interaction and kids health and immunity generally (chicken pox etc).

That’s to say nothing about the social and psychological impact on a generation of kids who, contrary to everything they’ve ever known, are suddenly confined to their homes and only see their friends, cousins, grandparents (and in some cases one of their parents) by Skype/FaceTime.  This won’t have to last long for it to have a lifelong impact.

I’ve no doubt that it’s necessary, but it’s not a silver lining.  It’s what upsets and scares me the most about this whole thing.  The sooner kids are back out on the streets and in parks, picking each other’s noses, catching each others colds, and doing all the gross things that they do, without fear of killing anyone, the better.

I agree that they should learn to wash their hands though.

Rob Parsons 21 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

> So I thought why not have a thread for everybody to post some of the few positives we can expect from this crisis.

Cancellation of this year's Edinburgh Fringe Festival (which, after all, has developed into one of the most uninteresting, tedious, and 'non-fringe'  commercial wankfests on the planet)?

felt 22 Mar 2020
In reply to RomTheBear:

The betting industry.

RomTheBear 22 Mar 2020
In reply to Rob Parsons:

> Cancellation of this year's Edinburgh Fringe Festival (which, after all, has developed into one of the most uninteresting, tedious, and 'non-fringe'  commercial wankfests on the planet)?

I'll second that.

kathrync 23 Mar 2020
In reply to gazhbo:

> While there may be some positives to come out of this, long term reduced social interaction will not be one of them.  

Agreed - I did not mean to imply that reduced social interaction would be either a positive consequence or a long-term consequence of this.  I simply meant that this season we are likely to see a reduction in common colds, flu, and other viruses. 

> I agree that they should learn to wash their hands though.

Absolutely. 

cb294 18:28 Mon
In reply to Moley:

No, the US attempt to buy the German company (in particular, its IP) and relocate all its researchers to the US with enormous pay packages was scarily real and detailed.

The offer got slapped down within 24h by the main investor, as well as by the German ministry for economics, which can veto any deals affecting the national security.

CB

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.