UKC

Cost of shipping a bouldering mat

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 craig1983 11 Feb 2014
I'm guessing plenty of bouldering mats have changed hands over ukc, so what was the best/cheapest way you found of shipping them? I'm lookig to buy someone's mat, but they're claiming it'll be £50-60!! Surely it can't be that much??

Philo22 11 Feb 2014
In reply to craig1983:

60 quid??!!! No chance. I shipped an entire drum kit from 'up north' to Cornwall for 25 quid - considerably heavier and harder to pack! Check other courier services not just Royal Mail/Parcelforce. There's a good one that does pickups from local convenience stores down here, forget the name but it does national deliveries and is pretty reasonable.
barrow_matt 11 Feb 2014
Look at sites like Parcel2Go, MyHermes and others who will get you a quote from a proper courier.

I recently bought a bouldering mat off of here and it was delivered by CityLink. I think the seller said it was around £10.
In reply to Philo22:

Think collect+ might be who you are referring to, used them once for an ebay sale, brought the postage online and dropped the package off in a Londis round the corner.

£60 is a joke, either they haven't researched well enough or they have and are looking to take a few extra quid off you.
 Sean_J 11 Feb 2014
In reply to craig1983:

Use Parcel2Go, put in the dimensions and weight, and off you go. Tell the seller to use whichever service you like the look of, if they are awkward then tell them that you'll book and pay for the courier yourself. They might have just got a quote for one of the specific oversized parcels (£60 sounds like a pallet-sized delivery), some couriers won't charge that much though of course.
 lost1977 11 Feb 2014
In reply to craig1983:

as other have said about £10 for next day delivery
OP craig1983 11 Feb 2014
In reply to craig1983:

Thanks folks.... I knew £60 was rippin' it...I had said to him before the sale that shipping should be around £15. Will do some digging!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...