UKC

Course Cancellation cover

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ThunderCat 27 Mar 2019

Booked a sailing course down in Cornwall in August and the instructor has suggested taking out a bit of insurance in case I have to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances.  The company he recommended no longer does it, and I wondered if anyone could recommend any insurers who might cover smallish things like this (it's £500...be gutted if I had to lose it for some reason).

Appreciate this is probably more suited to a sailing forum (I'm doing that next).  Just tend to find a broad mix of backgrounds and experience on here.

Cheers

rj_townsend 27 Mar 2019
In reply to ThunderCat:

Isn't cancellation cover normal a standard feature on a Travel Insurance policy? If you have an annual policy (rather than one that commences on the first day of your trip) I'd always thought you were covered for UK trips as well as abroad.

You may already have a travel insurance policy via your bank account - worth checking. 

Naturally you'll have an excess which will reduce the amount you get back in case of cancellation.

OP ThunderCat 27 Mar 2019
In reply to rj_townsend:

The missus has just said exactly the same thing a few seconds ago.  Bonus!

yorkshire_lad2 28 Mar 2019
In reply to ThunderCat:

if you are using an annual travel policy, do check the small print.  If you're UK based and expecting cover for UK based trips, some policies require you to have a minimum number of nights accommodation booked.  There are regularly letters in the weekend newspaper money sections from people having had claims for UK trips rejected (especially on the cheaper or "freebie" i.e. included with bank card/account policies) when there wasn't accommodation booked or not enough nights.

OP ThunderCat 28 Mar 2019
In reply to yorkshire_lad2:

Aye, plan tonight is to call them and discuss the specifics....make sure it's £100 covered.

It's a two day course, so we are booking some accommodation as well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...