UKC

Covid-19 positive in Scotland. No hypocrisy then?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 veteye 25 Mar 2020

So Prince Charles is staying in one of his second, third or fourth homes, and proves positive for the Corona virus. Obviously he will somehow not put any more pressure on the NHS in that part of Scotland.

Everyone else in this circumstance would get a right telling off, but instead the media are trying to be nice to him!

Dax H 25 Mar 2020
In reply to veteye:

I'm sure it was Boris that did a second announcement that basically said you can only travel for essential reasons and that going to a holiday home, second home, caravan etc was not essential travel. 

I'm just glad he only has a mild dose to be honest, at some point a stringent triage system will need to be in place that obviously wouldn't apply to Charlie and that means someone else would not get the help they need. 

MG 25 Mar 2020
In reply to veteye:

Given he was tested in Aberdeen, is it not more likely he was there already?

coinneach 25 Mar 2020
In reply to MG:

I bet he gave his Mammy a big hug before he self isolated . . 

Rob Parsons 25 Mar 2020
In reply to MG:

> Given he was tested in Aberdeen, is it not more likely he was there already?

The BBC report says:

"The duke and duchess arrived in Scotland on Sunday. Charles had been displaying mild symptoms over the weekend and was tested by the NHS in Aberdeenshire on Monday.

"The results came through on Tuesday night, showing he was positive."

MG 25 Mar 2020
In reply to Rob Parsons:

So he stayed put, as requested.

Fozzy 25 Mar 2020
In reply to veteye:

Prince Charles is quarantined in Aberdeen with Covid-19, while Prince Andrew is locked away in Windsor with Jennifer-14. 

DaveHK 25 Mar 2020
In reply to veteye:

Not the corona he was hoping for.

chris_r 25 Mar 2020
In reply to Rob Parsons:

> The BBC report says:

> "The duke and duchess arrived in Scotland on Sunday. Charles had been displaying mild symptoms over the weekend and was tested by the NHS in Aberdeenshire on Monday.

> "The results came through on Tuesday night, showing he was positive."

I didn't think the NHS was testing people with mild symptoms.

skog 25 Mar 2020
In reply to MG:

'Cmon - if he was displaying mild symptoms over the weekend and arrived in Scotland on Sunday, he didn't stay put!

It's a clear example of 'one rule for us, another for them'.

Charles's doctor won't be worried about finding time to see him in between all his other patients, either - and, should a ventillator be required, there's no risk it will instead be given to someone younger or with a better chance of survival.

You could make a case for why they should be treated differently from us commoners, but let's not pretend that they aren't.

Post edited at 22:26
 skog 25 Mar 2020

Haha. Now I'm faintly curious as to whether the dislikes are from fanatical, foaming-at-the-mouth royal-worshippers, for daring to suggest that royals get special treatment, or something like that - or from fanatical, foaming-at-the-mouth chop-off-their-heads extremist republicans, for daring to suggest that it's possible to make a case for the royals getting special treatment.

I suppose I'll probably never know...

Bobling 25 Mar 2020
In reply to DaveHK:

> Not the corona he was hoping for.

Haha - a Latin joke - triple letter score for you my lad : )

Shone 25 Mar 2020
In reply to DaveHK:

sounds like a line from Star Wars

MG 26 Mar 2020
In reply to skog:

I guess the details of precisely whrn he felt ill we wont know but it doesn't sound like he ran to Balmoral once ill to me. 

I agree he will get prompter treatment most likely simply by being Royal. Although I can't see priority ventilators being available in Aberdeen - he should have stayed near London for that. 

(No dislike from me) 

skog 26 Mar 2020
In reply to MG:

> Although I can't see priority ventilators being available in Aberdeen - he should have stayed near London for that. 

It would be astonishing if they hadn't ensured they have access to priority medical services, personnel and equipment. They may well have their own.

They're filthy stinking rich, and regardless of whether monarchy should exist, he is next in line to be head of state.

neilh 26 Mar 2020
In reply to skog:

I would reasonably guess that the top echelons of gov including the leader of the opposition etc etc has priority.

Good sensible practise for management of the state.There will no doubt be an crises plan with Civil Service guidelines for the procedures.

And yes the second in line and 3rd in line should be in different locations because of the potential constitutional issues ( running of the country).

It would be utterly stupid if there were not these sort of arrangements.

skog 26 Mar 2020
In reply to neilh:

> It would be utterly stupid if there were not these sort of arrangements.

Yes. At the very least, the people employed to keep them safe would be guilty of a massive dereliction of duty.

jimtitt 26 Mar 2020
In reply to chris_r:

> I didn't think the NHS was testing people with mild symptoms.

The tests may have been performed by the NHS but I doubt members of the royal family are NHS patients. If I visited the UK I would be treated by the NHS but as a private patient like a hell of a lot of people.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...