UKC

Covid denier dies of covid

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 15 Apr 2021

In Norway. I was going to suggest ‘might be worth sharing the link if you know any deniers’ but truth is they are probably too far gone. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9473815/amp...

Dax H 15 Apr 2021
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Don't like to hear of any deaths but if the death of one denier sways the opinion of 1 other denier I class it as a fair trade off. 

I don't believe it

(too soon and low hanging fruit, I know) 

RentonCooke 15 Apr 2021

To be fair to him, for most people it is no different from a cold...in fact may be even milder given so many are entirely unaware they have it.  It's not exactly Ebola in that respect.  It's also perfectly reasonable to speak of exaggerated fears from covid and the levels of a paranoia it seems to have inspired in some people (evident terror in some cases at anything approaching proximity to another human) are real.

So I don't see anything to celebrate, or any humour to be found, in his death.  No more than you should find in someone contracting covid at the mass gatherings for BLM or extinction rebellion - presumably people at those events were equally in denial as to covid's spread when they attended.  The term "Denier" in any of these cases may be a bit loaded. 

Post edited at 18:17
 Robert Durran 15 Apr 2021
In reply to RentonCooke:

You are in denial.

wintertree 15 Apr 2021
In reply to RentonCooke:

> To be fair to him, for most people it is no different from a cold

Only under deliberately limited and myopic first order thinking is it anything like a cold.  For most people it’s far worse than a cold in its total effects, because unlike a cold is has the - repeatedly demonstrated - potential to collapse the healthcare system upon which their society and often their own health and well-being rests.  

I won’t shed a tear over his demise.  Your BLM protest comment is irrelevant junk by the way - outdoors vs indoors and all that.

In reply to RentonCooke:

Where I live in Wigan we are very close to 1,000 Covid deaths. We are a tough lot, but our fears are well founded. 

George Ormerod 15 Apr 2021
In reply to RentonCooke:

Whilst the illness may be mild for some people, high profile 'deniers' such as Trump and Bolsanaro, have indirectly led to tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of unnecessary deaths and the associated economic damage that goes with them.  Whilst there's no joy to be found in another human's death, from a simple cost benefit basis if Bolsanaro had karked it when he got COVID, Brazil probably wouldn't be a total shit show and there'd be a lot of Brazilians alive today who aren't now. 

Dave B 15 Apr 2021
In reply to George Ormerod:

I was reading a retweet today about Brazil hospitals where they have run out of or are having to use low doses of drugs for sedating patients they need to intubate... And worse....It sounds horrendous. It would  break me very quickly.

Not for those with a sensitive disposition. SERIOUSLY. 

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1382671180117766144?s=09

Post edited at 21:04
 wintertree 15 Apr 2021
In reply to Dave B:

Jesus wept, that’s atrocious.

I wish you’d not posted that, but it’s important that you did.  Too many people have advocated on here for not controlling the spread of infection, and it’s important that they read the accounts of where such thinking ends up.  

Bolsonaro should be tried at the international criminal court for human rights abuses.

Rich L 15 Apr 2021
In reply to Dave B:

I was a critical care nurse for 20 years, and the thought of looking after an intubated and ventilated patient in those circumstances is beyond awful.

I would also consider myself to be caring, compassionate and professional, yet this news that a COVID denier has actually died of COVID has made my heart soar.

And when I return to work tomorrow I intend to share this news with all the nurses on my wards, and I can guarantee they will all be p***ing themselves with laughter.

And if none of you think that's acceptable, then that's just tough, and the (small) price that society will have to pay for the past 12 months that my colleagues have all had to go through.

Andy Hardy 15 Apr 2021

It's a pity the selfish spunkflute didn't tell anyone he had covid, presumably he couldn't be arsed self isolating either because he was mummy's special little soldier. 

Boomer Doomer 15 Apr 2021

Some amazing examples of Branch Covidian zealotry on this thread. Burn the heretic?

wintertree 15 Apr 2021
In reply to Boomer Doomer:

> Burn the heretic?

Given that they're dead as a direct result of their ill informed beliefs, that's not relevant.

abr1966 15 Apr 2021
In reply to Rich L:

Fair play to you mate......my (small) part in the NHS has been supporting the psychological needs of staff on the front line....including my daughter as a nurse in full PPE as a dad.

The burden on young staff has been huge...as a 22/23 year old holding the hands of people passing away day in day out is huge and life changing...

I have no time for the deniers..

Dave the Rave 15 Apr 2021
In reply to RentonCooke:

> To be fair to him, for most people it is no different from a cold...in fact may be even milder given so many are entirely unaware they have it.  It's not exactly Ebola in that respect.  It's also perfectly reasonable to speak of exaggerated fears from covid and the levels of a paranoia it seems to have inspired in some people (evident terror in some cases at anything approaching proximity to another human) are real.

> So I don't see anything to celebrate, or any humour to be found, in his death.  No more than you should find in someone contracting covid at the mass gatherings for BLM or extinction rebellion - presumably people at those events were equally in denial as to covid's spread when they attended.  The term "Denier" in any of these cases may be a bit loaded. 

I fully agree. I would practically guarantee that most people at some stage of the pandemic have tried to convince themselves that it’s a fuss about nothing. A general pattern of thinking in most folk would then conclude that perhaps it is something to worry about and follow advice.

Lets not mock the afflicted who haven’t been able to reason this. 

Rich L 15 Apr 2021
In reply to abr1966:

I cannot begin to tell you how important people such as yourself are, not just in the present, but in the coming months, years, who knows how long, both in your professional capacity, and also simply as being a great dad to your daughter.

I'm really heartened by how seriously, for example, my own organisation is taking the psychological wellbeing of its staff, although it is so difficult to convince people to reach out and ask for help. 

As you say, we are talking about young people who are only a few years out of their teens, many from overseas and away from their families and all the support that they could normally rely upon.

Robert Durran 15 Apr 2021
In reply to Dave the Rave:

> Lets not mock the afflicted who haven’t been able to reason this. 

This man wasn't just a bit dim or ill informed; he was a dangerous serial conspiracy theory propagater (see the bottom of the article).

abr1966 15 Apr 2021
In reply to Rich L:

Thankyou...I really appreciate your comments but as I guess you are aware the frontline is where it's at. Seeing a picture of my daughter aged 22 in full PPE really hit me....I know only some of the things she has been through...a few weeks ago she was on a walk with me on local hills where she has grown up and she could not stop deeply crying for hours...she got nowhere near putting words to it and was back on a shift that night....its a huge ask of young people...and older experienced staff also. 

My part really is peripheral but for some it may help I hope...

gallam1 16 Apr 2021
In reply to wintertree:

> > Burn the heretic?

> Given that they're dead as a direct result of their ill informed beliefs, that's not relevant.

Is this some sort of nocebo effect?

Ridge 16 Apr 2021
In reply to Robert Durran:

> This man wasn't just a bit dim or ill informed; he was a dangerous serial conspiracy theory propagater (see the bottom of the article).

^ This

If he'd convinced himself that Covid wasn't serious due to seeing false information spread by misguided or downright malicious propagandists then this would have been tragic.

However he's probably responsible for numerous deaths due to the dangerous nonsense he was peddling all over the internet. Good riddance IMHO.

Boomer Doomer 16 Apr 2021
In reply to wintertree:

You are Vernon Howell and I claim my £5

Iamgregp 16 Apr 2021
In reply to RentonCooke:

>  It's also perfectly reasonable to speak of exaggerated fears from covid and the levels of a paranoia it seems to have inspired in some people (evident terror in some cases at anything approaching proximity to another human) are real.

Indeed it is but there's a bit of a difference between speaking of irrational fear, and spreading conspiracy theories & disinformation and hosting illegal gatherings.  If he'd just stuck to speaking of irrational fears he wouldn't be dead.

> So I don't see anything to celebrate, or any humour to be found, in his death.  No more than you should find in someone contracting covid at the mass gatherings for BLM or extinction rebellion - presumably people at those events were equally in denial as to covid's spread when they attended.  The term "Denier" in any of these cases may be a bit loaded. 

I do.  I think it's f*cking hilarious.  Sorry but I don't give a shit about the death of a man who, through his own stupidity, has put others lives in danger.  Not just those who attended his gatherings or read his articles, but all the people they come in to contact with too.

And as others have said, your comparison to BLM or extinction rebellion is poor.  People on those protests are willingly putting themselves in danger in order to try to make the world a fairer, safer and healthier place in the future for us all.  

This guy just wanted to spread lies to suit his own lifestyle now.

jkarran 16 Apr 2021
In reply to Boomer Doomer:

> Some amazing examples of Branch Covidian zealotry on this thread. Burn the heretic?

I don't understand or get the reference, can you explain? Ideally without the sock puppet.

jk

In reply to jkarran:

References Branch Davidians, and the Waco siege. By implication, people concerned about the impact of coronavirus are unhinged zealots. But it doesn’t really work, as the USPs of David Koresh and his followers were extreme paranoia about government intrusion into their freedoms, and a willingness to die themselves rather than accept government restrictions. So, the complete opposite of those concerned about coronavirus. 

So, in reality just name calling, that the poster has read somewhere in the festering swamps of right wing social media, that they thought sounded clever, but actually isn’t. 

jkarran 16 Apr 2021
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:

> References Branch Davidians, and the Waco siege...

> So, in reality just name calling, that the poster has read somewhere in the festering swamps of right wing social media, that they thought sounded clever, but actually isn’t. 

Good spot, I'd have never got that!

jk

wintertree 16 Apr 2021
In reply to jkarran:

>  Ideally without the sock puppet.

I can't decide if they're a sock puppet or a troll playing both sides.  Either way, the jumped the shark pretty quickly after their arrival.

In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... 😆

In reply to wintertree:

Whatever... Vernon.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...