UKC

Covid vaccine - still waiting

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 subtle 18 May 2021

So, sitting in Scotland and still waiting to get the letter advising me when to go get the vaccine.

Reading that lots of people younger than me getting offered the vaccine; guess I'm considered too healthy to be offered one - are all the people younger than me who are getting the vaccine really that unhealthy?

Sigh, guess I will be offered it at some point - anyone else think they have been "missed"?

robert-hutton 18 May 2021
In reply to subtle:

Just go online and book yourself in, just need name, postcode and DOB and away you go.

Post edited at 12:17
OP subtle 18 May 2021
In reply to robert-hutton:

You cant in Scotland

In reply to subtle:

Quick Google found this:

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/invitations-and-appointments/mi...

Contact NHS Scotland if you haven't received an invitation, and you think you should have.

elsewhere 18 May 2021
In reply to subtle:

How old are you?

OP subtle 18 May 2021
In reply to captain paranoia:

cheers - as a 49 year old I will give them a phone!

robert-hutton 18 May 2021
In reply to subtle:

> You cant in Scotland

Sorry for the crap advice.

Removed User 18 May 2021
In reply to subtle:

Yes, definitely give them a phone.

I didn't get my letter because I hadn't told my GP that I'd changed address. Phoned up the helpline and immediately got an appointment for a jab a few days later.

I think the Scottish number you need is 0800 030 8013.

nathan79 18 May 2021
In reply to subtle:

Yes definitely give them a call. I'm 42 and had mine last week, a colleague who's 44 didn't even have his letter. He phoned up and found he has his on the 26th. I'm NHS Fife, he's NHS Lothian so the different areas seem to be at different stages but not too different.

OP subtle 18 May 2021
In reply to robert-hutton:

No worries, you were trying to be helpful.

girlymonkey 18 May 2021
In reply to subtle:

Defo call them. My 33 year old husband got his letter today!

CurlyStevo 19 May 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

In my part of Edinburgh they aren’t down to 45 yet. I still think it’s a bit bonkers to be vaxing 30 year olds in less risky less populated areas when over 45s haven’t been done yet in built up areas of the central belt ( with no other considerations like health / cater etc j

Post edited at 07:30
 girlymonkey 19 May 2021
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Strange that there is such discrepancy. You would think each health board would have the same amount issued per head of population. Maybe bigger health boards are focusing it on the higher risk areas?

In reply to subtle:

Bit of a postcode lottery I'm afraid, was 5-6 weeks behind my cohort atcwork, had my first one 2 weeks ago and colleagues my age from other parts of Scotland are getting their second

OP subtle 23 May 2021
In reply to JJ Krammerhead III:

Took the bull by the horns - still hadn’t heard anything but knew they were doing second vaccinations close by so walked up and told them my age etc and was ushered through and got the vaccine.

Apparently letters going to be issued next two weeks where I live to the 40-49 year olds, they had just been concentrating on the second vaccinations until now

In reply to CurlyStevo:

Blue letter day for me on Saturday for my second.

I used to absolutely dread anything medical.  It's amazing how these days getting a blue letter for a jag is like your birthday.

Martin W 23 May 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

NHS Lothian has the worst rate of progress with Covid vaccinations of any health authority in Scotland, and Edinburgh is the worst local authority area within NHS Lothian. I don't know why that is, but I do know that my second Covid jab is scheduled 13 weeks after after my first one, which I believe to be suboptimal, and their online system for re-scheduling appointments is not fit for purpose.

CurlyStevo 23 May 2021
In reply to Martin W:

Cases are on the rise in Edinburgh and no big surprise. I don't think the vaccine age discrepancy which seems to favor the less risky areas is acceptable. Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdean being the biggest cities should have been prioritized and probably after that the rest of the central belt. Seems to have been given out the opposite way around to what it should! Its been most the case for some time that more densely populated areas seem to suffer worse.

Post edited at 23:24
 Cobra_Head 24 May 2021
In reply to subtle:

have you been naughty?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...