UKC

Crazy dream experiment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Morning, 

This has happened to me no end but I thought I'd see what other peoples responses are to it.

Eat 3-4  teaspoons of peanut butter before sleeping .

It gives me absolutely crazy dreams . It does this without fail.

I've just started eating it a bit more regularly as I'm training and its like a bed time treat a few spoons of peanut butter.

The past few nights have been crazy.

I think its because of the Tryptophan or Niacin content at a guess.

Although it doesn't tend to happen when I eat cheese very much .

"Whole grains also contain vitamin B which helps tryptophan convert to serotonin. Peanuts, as well as other nuts, are a rich source of niacin, a nutrient that helps enhance the release of serotonin in the body"

I'd be interested to hear if it does the same to you 

TWS

Post edited at 08:56
 wercat 06 Dec 2018
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

Walnuts have long been regarded as a brain food and I've found that they invariably stimulate interesting and vivid dreams.  Good for the heart too!

In reply to wercat:

> Walnuts have long been regarded as a brain food and I've found that they invariably stimulate interesting and vivid dreams.  Good for the heart too!

I'm a pecan guy myself . 

Bloody things are too expensive though. 

I can nail a packet of them in an evening ,  probably not so good for you when you do that.

nufkin 06 Dec 2018

Falling asleep still on my back seems to produce good dream results. 

This is all very individual though, I'd imagine, and since there's no way of recording what someone's dreaming about, alas, it'd be hard to empirically test how 'x' affects dreaming 

Toerag 06 Dec 2018

I had a dream last night where a female I knew had motivational posters printed across her décolletage. No peanut butter involved. Might have to try some.

hokkyokusei 06 Dec 2018

Nytol (Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride) does that for me.

In reply to hokkyokusei:

> Nytol (Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride) does that for me.

Surely peanut butter is safer ?

and tastier 

Post edited at 15:18
 wercat 06 Dec 2018

I've been stuck in a crazy dream for a year or two, something about leaving the Eu?

Mark Edwards 06 Dec 2018

I’ve found that regularly smoking weed suppresses dreams (or at least stops me remembering them).
When I tried nicotine patches they cause really vivid and freaky dreams.
In a default state my occasional dreams tend to be the same really nasty, violent, frightening ones.
So thanks for the warning and will remember no peanut butter just before bed for me.
Anyone want me to volunteer to test the effect of smoking weed whilst using nicotine patches (peanut butter optional)?

Jon Stewart 06 Dec 2018

> I think its because of the Tryptophan or Niacin content at a guess.

Tryptophan will do it. If peanut butter isn't sufficiently crazy, drop a few 5-htp tablets before bed. Seriously f*cked up! 

Post edited at 19:36
In reply to Jon Stewart:

> Tryptophan will do it. If peanut butter isn't sufficiently crazy, drop a few 5-htp tablets before bed. Seriously f*cked up! 

I have some 5-htp tabs laying around . However the peanut butters seriously screwed up enough so far.  

Ill probably give it a go sometime though.  

I've found I'm able to remember my dreams a lot nowadays without writing them down. I've a dream diary I fill in occasionally.  I think it's because they are so bonkers crazy

Post edited at 19:51
 NaCl 06 Dec 2018
In reply to Mark Edwards:

If you want absolutely nuts dreams try Champix. As a sometime reasonably vivid dreamer anyways I tried Champix when I gave up smoking and have never had such UTTERLY bizarre dreams. None were distressing to the point that I woke up but at no point did i feel like I'd actually rested during the night.

Very very strange dreams to the point that I'd actually recommend trying the tablets just to experience the dreaming. Maybe dodge the smoking first though eh?

hokkyokusei 06 Dec 2018

I'm not sure it would have the same soporific effect!

I do like peanut butter though and, when I've finished taking my current meds, I'll give it a go.

aln 07 Dec 2018
In reply to Mark Edwards:

> > Anyone want me to volunteer to test the effect of smoking weed whilst using nicotine patches (peanut butter optional)?

I had a friend who used more than the recommended amount of nicotine patches, and continued to smoke tobacco and weed. It didn't go well...

Well I've just woken up from several totally bizzar bat shit crazy dreams again.

I can't even start to put some of that into words .

Just before I woke up.  I was in a cathedral with a spongy mat floor that I had to crawl across avoiding patches of sick and muck while giving some guy a piggy back.  Before the altar I was made to stop before being told to look at a cabinet full of figurines of various descriptions .  I remember one being a yeti , they were all slightly Chinese in design and white porcelain.  I was told to pick and remember one for later. 

Anyway at that point a bunch of Italian dudes began singing (in Italian)  from behind the altar . The first question was what was the song about ? 

Hadn't a bloody clue . I don't speak italian.

I did note the cathedral did have 2 radio dishes on the right side of the structure.  Strangly stacked one upon the other.  They had been using them to cook toast i do remember that. 

I'm trying to get my head around the other dreams and events before that happened. It was none stop madness all night.  

Post edited at 04:01
 wercat 07 Dec 2018

And Christopher Lee did not make an appearance in some form of hooded robe?

Baron Weasel 07 Dec 2018
In reply to aln:

> I had a friend who used more than the recommended amount of nicotine patches, and continued to smoke tobacco and weed. It didn't go well...

That's similar to how I stopped smoking tobacco and broke my nicotine addiction. I put patches on and continued to smoke and increased the amount of patches until I couldn't put another cigarette to my lips, which took about a month and then I weaned myself off the patches which took about another month. That was 5 1/2 years ago and I've never looked back or craved a cigarette since.

Baron Weasel 07 Dec 2018

You are what you eat... You nutter!

In reply to wercat:

> And Christopher Lee did not make an appearance in some form of hooded robe?

I would have liked that.   I wonder if I stare at a picture of him before bed he might put in an appearance ? Or maybe a picture of him underneath the pillow.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...