UKC

Current Situation - Travel and Covid

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bojo 20 May 2022

What, if any, are the current requirements for covid tests when travelling abroad? I'm flying to France late August and returning early September.

Thanks for any info

In reply to Bojo:

Im flying to Italy tomorrow and will then travel on to Croatia,  Slovenia and Montenegro. BA expected an approved PCR which I did yesterday and FFP2 masks. Ive had a cold for a few days so Ive been shitting it, despite negative LFTs. PCR (90£ for 2) came back negative, phew!

Destination is expecting FFP2 masks is certain places.

Lots of self certification forms etc and 2 hour trip to test centre but fingers crossed we'll get there.

The Norris 20 May 2022
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Interesting. Which country still requires a pcr test? From what I gather Italy don't, as long as you've been vaccinated plus booster?

In reply to The Norris:

> Interesting. Which country still requires a pcr test? From what I gather Italy don't, as long as you've been vaccinated plus booster?

BA said it was a necessity to get on the plane. 

yorkshireman 21 May 2022
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

> BA said it was a necessity to get on the plane. 

A couple of weeks back I flew from France to the UK and back with BA and there were no requirements apart from the highly theoretical 'declaration sur l'honneur' on the way back to France. 

In theory masks were required in flight (I wore mine anyway) but the BA announcement made this seem it was more due to regulations of France rather than a standard policy. Few people seemed to bother anyway. 

Did you use the Verifly app? It's worth using with BA as it makes it all a lot simpler. 

CPH 21 May 2022
In reply to yorkshireman:

I thought that the 'declaration sur l'honneur' was no longer needed, from 1 April, to enter France from UK; but I may be wrong.

Post edited at 06:47
 yorkshireman 21 May 2022
In reply to CPH:

> I thought that the 'declaration sur l'honneur' was no longer needed, from 1 April, to enter France from UK; but I may be wrong.

Actually think you're right although I never bothered after the first few trips as it was never asked for. There is an EU PLF which I forgot about but takes seconds on a web browser on your phone. 

All the more reason to use Verifly if you're flying BA because it removes the confusion and makes sure you don't forget anything. 

OP Bojo 21 May 2022
In reply to yorkshireman:

Thanks. Just got the VeriFly app

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...