UKC

Doddie Weir

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

RIP big man, when will we see yer likes again

Post edited at 18:30
 65 26 Nov 2022
In reply to restless native:

Ah dammit.

RIP indeed. I'm just about to go and break the news to Mrs 65 who does the Doddie Weir cycling sportives. I foresee one of the more special bottles being opened tonight.

Legend.

Smelly Fox 26 Nov 2022

So sad to hear this, he was a truly great man. Hopefully his legacy will benefit others in the future.

DaveHK 26 Nov 2022

One of the greats.

"like a mad giraffe" 😀

Bottom Clinger 26 Nov 2022

The breakfast TV trio of Doddie Wier, Rob Burrow and Kevin Sinfield has perked up many a drab morning. Those three have done soo much for MND.  Legends. 

Dr.S at work 26 Nov 2022

A towering figure. 

I loved to watch him play, such a modern, dynamic, second row.

His grace when cruelly injured on the 97 lions tour was humbling.

His courage in the face of his disease was immense, and transforming a catastrophic diagnosis into help for others was really special.

abr1966 27 Nov 2022
In reply to Dr.S at work

> His courage in the face of his disease was immense, and transforming a catastrophic diagnosis into help for others was really special.

Totally agree....a special man...RIP Doddie...

This keeps popping up on Facebook, always makes me smile

youtube.com/watch?v=tzIIUF0IXfA&

Lankyman 28 Nov 2022
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

> Doddie Wier, Rob Burrow and Kevin Sinfield has perked up many a drab morning. Those three have done soo much for MND.  Legends. 

I know nothing of rugby but seeing people like this fighting a personal disaster really makes me aware of how much courage it takes to bear up in the face of life's cruelties. Real examples of humanity unlike many of the undeserving lightweights who get rewarded by titles and 'honours'.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...