UKC

does God exist?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 paul mitchell 23 Jan 2019

here is Krishnamurti answering the question.

youtube.com/watch?v=tYjYL448-yY&

Krishnamurti was a man with an open mind.Always a rare entity.

He says ''Belief has no place where truth is concerned.''

Post edited at 10:33
 GOD 23 Jan 2019
In reply to paul mitchell:

Yes.

john arran 23 Jan 2019

If you broaden the definition enough, sooner or later the answer will become Yes.

graeme jackson 23 Jan 2019
In reply to GOD:

> Yes.

What have you ever done on grit?

GOD 23 Jan 2019
In reply to graeme jackson:

I made it for you to enjoy.

TPS is VS.

And Kinder is not in.

Timmd 23 Jan 2019

Nice people will be nice anyway, and horrible people won't be, and they'll both justify it within or without a religious framework, meaning it doesn't really matter if God exists - imho.

Post edited at 12:08
 LeeWood 23 Jan 2019

dissapointing discussion - based on the God of the religions, which reveal that their God IS created. The prolific variation of such dogma confirms that God is NOT known - he/it is beyond us, and if someone/thing is beyond us then how can anyone wager its veracity ?

David55 23 Jan 2019
In reply to LeeWood:

God does exist, but only as a human creation, in the mind of believers. May I  suggest  you use the internet  to  track down a book about  Don Cupitt who has been thinking  and writing about  this for more than  40 years.

Snyggapa 23 Jan 2019
In reply to GOD:

Prove it...

LeeWood 23 Jan 2019
In reply to David55:

so, one man has been researching God during a mere 40yrs with all those finite resources available to him; isn't it rather presumptuous to come to any such conclusion while we lack so many answers about  life and the universe ?

Stichtplate 23 Jan 2019
In reply to David55:

> God does exist, but only as a human creation, in the mind of believers. May I  suggest  you use the internet  to  track down a book about  Don Cupitt who has been thinking  and writing about  this for more than  40 years.

May I suggest that Don should get out more.

ALF_BELF 23 Jan 2019

I don't know if I believe in god but i'm going to believe anyway. It's a no lose situation. On the off chance it's real, I'll be let in to those pearly gates for a lifetime of ping pong and Babycham with Tupac, Jade Goody and Picasso. 

Stichtplate 23 Jan 2019
In reply to ALF_BELF:

Go for it. What have you got to lose? (well, apart from objectivity, perspective, self-respect, independence of thought and self-determination). 

In reply to GOD:

I'd always imagined you'd speak in capitals?

Snyggapa 23 Jan 2019
In reply to Phantom Disliker:

you're confusing him with DEATH

Dave Garnett 23 Jan 2019

No.  And yet he's still less gnomic than you.

toad 23 Jan 2019

You need to rebait your Coel trap. He's not biting. Try

Does God exist to MAGA?

Duncan Bourne 23 Jan 2019
In reply to GOD:

> TPS is VS.

That's not God that's the Devil in disguise

freeflyer 23 Jan 2019
In reply to GOD:

You don't exist so much in the things that ARE, as you exist in the things that are NOT.

In the nature of dark matter.

In life after death.

In human hope.

In intransigent certainty, be that scientific or religious.

marsbar 23 Jan 2019

He has Facebook and everything.

https://m.facebook.com/TheGoodLordAbove/

Timmd 23 Jan 2019
In reply to ALF_BELF:

> I don't know if I believe in god but i'm going to believe anyway. It's a no lose situation. On the off chance it's real, I'll be let in to those pearly gates for a lifetime of ping pong and Babycham with Tupac, Jade Goody and Picasso. 

I like this take on things religion/meaning of life related:

"Live a good life. If there are Gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are Gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no Gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones." - Marcus Aurelius

A brother went to a singing workshop one time, can't remember if it had Christian links or if there were just quite a few there, but he found it a bit forwards of them when a few asked him if he believed. Maybe if there is a God which is unjust,  I'll just float around the Peak as a ghost and scare people into picking up their litter, whisper in their ears and send their litter trailing after them as they walk...

Post edited at 18:19
 Toccata 23 Jan 2019
In reply to Timmd:

> I like this take on things religion/meaning of life related:

> "Live a good life... then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones." - Marcus Aurelius

The message is much clearer and just as strong with all the twaddle removed.

overdrawnboy 23 Jan 2019

Christ knows.

TCP 23 Jan 2019
In reply to marsbar:

Shows out of touch he/she/it is - all the kids just use snap chat and instagram now

Timmd 23 Jan 2019
In reply to Toccata:

> The message is much clearer and just as strong with all the twaddle removed.

I dare say twaddle is a subjective thing. My Dad had the fellow who's job it was to 'school him in Catholic ways' before he could marry my Mum floundering a little, when he asked him why should going to hell be the reason to be good, rather than being good because it's the right thing to do, but for people who philosophically debate religious matters, they'd possibly not see it as twaddle?

Post edited at 18:36
 Dave B 23 Jan 2019
In reply to GOD:

How are the babel fish doing ? 

gribble 23 Jan 2019

Which god?  There's bucket loads of them.

Didn't he get killed off at some point in the 19th century?

Inhambane 24 Jan 2019

God has soloed TPS

Rob Exile Ward 24 Jan 2019

Sadly not.

krikoman 24 Jan 2019
In reply to GOD:

> Yes.

Show yourself.

wercat 25 Jan 2019
In reply to krikoman:

seeing the size of portions now I'd be tempted to ask "Does Cod exist?"

mick taylor 25 Jan 2019
In reply to graeme jackson:

I've still not forgiven that Hand of yours for what it did back in 1986.

john arran 25 Jan 2019
In reply to john arran:

Maybe we should have a referendum on God's existence. A majority might vote in favour, but since most of those would have very different ideas as to what God actually was, the result would be of no practical benefit whatsoever and would lead to unnecessary division and infighting.

That logic sounds familiar, but I can't put my finger on where I've seen it before ...

Nevis-the-cat 25 Jan 2019
In reply to GOD:

> I made it for you to enjoy.

> TPS is VS.

> And Kinder is not in.

Any deity worth her salt knows TPS is E0

Post edited at 13:54

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...