UKC

Dog poo bags in trees

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 philhilo 03 Feb 2013
Can anyone out there explain why some dog walkers go out with poo bags, gather up their canine's warm excrement, and then hang the bag on the nearest tree or bush - blah! Why?????? If you go to the effort of picking it up why then leave it behind? Disgusted of Solihull.
 Yanis Nayu 03 Feb 2013
In reply to philhilo: Geocaching
 Dax H 03 Feb 2013
In reply to Submit to Gravity: This same question must come up every month and that is the best answer ever.
Clauso 03 Feb 2013
In reply to philhilo:

I'm not sure what the rationale is behind it, but such areas are best avoided during the fall.
 waterbaby 03 Feb 2013
In reply to philhilo:

It's the new thing..........'I picked it up, what more do you want!'

Lazy, disgusting humans.
 andy 03 Feb 2013
In reply to waterbaby: well - my mrs (who is a fanatical dog-poo-picker-upper) once got into a huge row with a woman when she picked up a poo, bagged it and put it on a wall. This woman went loopy (may even have called her "disgusting") and wouldn't let her explain that she walked that way every day, pushing a buggy and every day picked it up on the way home and put it in the bin.

So whilst i'm sure the majority of the bags will never be retrieved, our lass not only picks up our dog's, but collects at least one poo per week that emanates from another dog - and every one goes in a bin, even though it might have spent a few minutes sitting on a wall.
 birdie num num 03 Feb 2013
In reply to philhilo:
When I take my mongrel over to the park in the morning she usually likes to coil one down by the swings and quite often I coil one down too. Normally, if it's been raining they disappear after a few days.
 waterbaby 03 Feb 2013
In reply to andy:

It was a joke.....these threads are always appearing and someone always points out that they often pick them up on the way back. It can't be denied that some are just never retrieved. I'm sure there is a good excuse, like dementia.

Your wife is to be commended for picking up after others.
 waterbaby 03 Feb 2013
In reply to birdie num num:

You and your wife really ought to invest in a bog
In reply to philhilo:

Feckin dog owners?

Our village, which is is far from a sink estate, is like dog shit alley. Turds are here, there and everywhere. Most green spaces have a few choice samples and whilst this isnt a problem during the winter months when the kids dont want to go play football or spend time outside on these patches, which we all try to encourage, but when it comes to the summer, it worries me. Many times in the dark have I walked into my house realising that Ive stepped in one outside the front door. Its not nice.

What these dogs owners dont seem to get is that dog eggs are not only smelly packages of partially digested meat but that they harbour rather more sinister microbes which can cause blindness.

I was out this morning with mine and saw this young lad not only allow his pooch to park an otter on someones lawn but he proceeded to ignore it. i shouted at him that he should pick it up which he then did with turd bags from his pocket! Lazy, undeserving scummers.
 Dax H 03 Feb 2013
In reply to philhilo: For some reason the local dogs like to crap at the entrance to my driveway, obviously if I see it I move it but lots of kids pass my house on the walk to school and apparently it is impossible for school kids to see a fresh steaming log and not jump in it and spread it all over the path.
 lost1977 03 Feb 2013
In reply to philhilo:

offerings to the dog turd fairy, similar to the tooth fairy (would you put shit under your pillow)
 lost1977 03 Feb 2013
In reply to philhilo:

or if you pass the tree at the right time they are free eco hand warmers (dog owners being generous)
 subalpine 03 Feb 2013
In reply to philhilo: but has anyone actually seen anyone do it?
 pebbles 03 Feb 2013
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers: disgusting habit, but still, my day has just been brightened by the phrase "park an otter"
 mikehike 03 Feb 2013
In reply to pebbles:
Today I saw a sight which reminded me of the UKC thread re Moles strung up in a line on a barbed fence, need I say more. Should have taken a photo. I recon who ever done it must have had a pack of dogs.
 Trangia 03 Feb 2013
In reply to philhilo:

I live in a block of flats which has a gated car park compound for the occupants. Over the last few months we have been suiffering from a phantom dog poo bag thrower who chucks them, complete with turds, over the gate into the compound.

He/she has now moved up a notch and has added used sanitary towels and nappies to the battrey of missiles.

What kind of moron revels in doing this?
 lost1977 03 Feb 2013
In reply to Trangia:

dirty bombs
 mypyrex 03 Feb 2013
In reply to Trangia: Is it not possible to be there when the offence takes place and calmly hand it back to them with suitable comment.
 Trangia 03 Feb 2013
In reply to mypyrex:

It's always during the night. We are all keeping a look out, but not seen the phantom yet
 lithos 03 Feb 2013
In reply to mikehike:

not sure if this is a serious comment by you but i was under the impression that mole hunters always did this to display the fact they had actually caught them. usually near farmland/rural not on the high st.

as for dog shit bombs - scumbags.
 Nick Alcock 03 Feb 2013
In reply to philhilo:

Could this be the strange 'flying dog shit bag' episode that upset so many readers of this forum a couple of years ago?

I believe dog owners were perplexed at the time? I may be wrong, but it certainly rings a bell.
 Ava Adore 03 Feb 2013
In reply to philhilo:

Oh. I thought a lot of birds had been trained to poo in disposable bags.
Moggsy 03 Feb 2013
In reply to philhilo: this thread is shit
 Dauphin 03 Feb 2013
In reply to lost1977:

I think you have nailed it - it is a dirty protest at sterile inanity of their clockwork consuming existence - picking up their dogs shit and proffering it for the world to see harks back to the time they smeared it down the nursery wall entranced at their first primal creation. It is shit as art. The new movement.

D
 thin bob 03 Feb 2013
In reply to philhilo:
Maybe it's Chris Ofili* gone rogue?

[actually, looking at your username......coincidence? )

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Ofili

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...