UKC

Dog walk wildlife

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 28 May 2023

Yesterday morning. Bleary eyed coz we got stuck in a mega jam on the M6 on Friday.  Anyway, still got up early. Something caught my eye out at sea, then a better view!  

In reply to Bottom Clinger:

And great view of pied and grey wagtail. The grey wagtails we’re going ballistic - reckon there must have been an owl high up in a tree. 

Post edited at 22:19

Cracking views a wedge warbler and linnets. 

Yesterday heard one, probably two lesser whitethroats. And today I saw plenty of black throated diver, some in full summer plumage but a long way off. And still lots of common scoter. And this morning I heard an odd tapping noise which I couldn’t work out. Turns out it was a song thrush cracking snail shells on its anvil. Really, really nice birds. 

This common tern was at Pennington Flash in Leigh last week when I saw a Temmincks stint. 

And these poppies are great, loads of them on the edge of a field. 

Post edited at 22:57

LeeWood 29 May 2023

your dog must be well behaved - our's wouldn't allow for photo-composure

do you have it on or off a lead ?

In reply to LeeWood:

The dog is off lead when I can. His recall is excellent. If he starts straying off the path at nesting time I shout him back. And when the camera comes out he sits upright, often 20 or 30 feet away, waiting. 

In reply to LeeWood:

This is him after he stole a shoe. And up on the pier at St. Andrews. He lept up and walked along the edge. 

Michael Hood 29 May 2023

What's a Wedge Warbler 😁

Heard about the stint at PF, couldn't get there. If you want guaranteed common tern photos, Doffcocker's the place for easy viewing.

Couple of Ring Ouzel (about a mile apart across Eskdale) up in the Lakes today, plus checked in on the Stonestar peregrines.

In reply to Michael Hood:

> What's a Wedge Warbler 😁

It fits in between a willow and sedge warbler

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...