UKC

Early to bed , early to rise.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Morning , 

Ugh,   Winter feels upon us again.  Although I'm sure its still actually Autumn .

No matter how old I get I still almost forget what it's really like all this cold , dark and damp.  Boo Hiss .

Mind you the same can be said for Spring when that comes around (you forget how lovely it is)

I even got into bed at 6 pm last night in preparation for getting back to work this morning.    I spent most of the last week sleeping in between working out and doing house work.

Feel pretty good this morning though ,   Had plenty of time to get ready and have a nice soak in the bath before work.

The gym and sleeps really helped as I'm looking pretty shredded and bright eyed this morning.  I'm sure my skin looks much brighter to.  Even if I do say so myself.

Anyone else get into the sack at a stupendously early time ?

TWS

Tom Valentine 04 Nov 2019
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

Yes but only because I got a dose of gender-fluid influenza.

dread-i 04 Nov 2019

>No matter how old I get I still almost forget what it's really like all this cold , dark and damp. 

Some years ago, a mate was in a band with Bez. I went to one of their informal gigs, and after the show the man himself, wandered around the club chatting with people.

I mentioned that it was grim with the days drawing in and seasonal affective disorder etc. I said "I get up in the dark and the rain, go to work and go home in the dark and the rain."

He replied, "Well that's easy to fix. Don't go to work".

You can't fault his logic

In reply to Tom Valentine:

> Yes but only because I got a dose of gender-fluid influenza.

What's the difference between man flu - and gender fluid flu ?

I've never heard of that one .

Or did you catch it from someones  "fluid"  who's gender is changeable ?

Tom Valentine 04 Nov 2019

I got it from my wife so it can't be man-flu . 

wercat 04 Nov 2019

inter species transmission

> I got it from my wife so it can't be man-flu . 

Ahh .  I get you.  The flu itself is gender fluid .

That make sense.

marsbar 04 Nov 2019

I’ve slept most of the past 3 days, I have a bad cold.  

In reply to marsbar:

> I’ve slept most of the past 3 days, I have a bad cold.  

I hope you feel better soon. 

Timmd 04 Nov 2019
In reply to marsbar:

> I’ve slept most of the past 3 days, I have a bad cold.  

I've been sleeping more due to being poorly or nearly poorly, thankfully it's helped. I don't mind, or quite like, the self care aspect of working on getting better sooner, eating soup and keeping warm and things, hard for teachers to find the time for from memories of my Mum teaching. 

It took years off her when she retired. 

Post edited at 15:54
 mauraman 04 Nov 2019

I go to bed at around 9 in the evening and get up at 5.15 every morning but I am finding it increasingly hard to get up! I literally have to chuck myself out of bed. Than I have to face the daily commute of one hrs or more. I hate it all!

Funnily enough, some weekends I get up at 3 in the morning to go climbing up in the lakes of Snowdon, both almost a 5 hrs drive away, but that is no effort at all!

marsbar 04 Nov 2019

Thanks, I’m beginning to.  

marsbar 04 Nov 2019
In reply to Timmd:

I’ve taken today and tomorrow off,  first time in a couple of years.  Self care is important.  

Unfortunately the statistics driven culture in schools means children come to school when they shouldn’t and end up infecting everyone.   

I’m up at 4.30 tomorrow morning to get over to Royal Derby Hospital and get everything set up for the next patient on a clinical study I’m running. Only 10 more to go after that!

Timmd 05 Nov 2019
In reply to marsbar:

> I’ve taken today and tomorrow off,  first time in a couple of years.  Self care is important.  

> Unfortunately the statistics driven culture in schools means children come to school when they shouldn’t and end up infecting everyone.   

Yeah, I guess parents can't always take the time off work to look after them too. 

marsbar 05 Nov 2019
In reply to Timmd:

True.  

Timmd 05 Nov 2019

....'makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise' 

Oft quoted to me by a relative.

In reply to Timmd:

> ....'makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise' 

> Oft quoted to me by a relative.

Yes a Benjamin Franklin quote .

That's what I was thinking when I started the thread 

Timmd 05 Nov 2019
In reply to mauraman:

> I go to bed at around 9 in the evening and get up at 5.15 every morning but I am finding it increasingly hard to get up! I literally have to chuck myself out of bed. Than I have to face the daily commute of one hrs or more. I hate it all!

> Funnily enough, some weekends I get up at 3 in the morning to go climbing up in the lakes of Snowdon, both almost a 5 hrs drive away, but that is no effort at all!

That sounds grim. My Dad used to put his alarm clock across the other side of the room and drink strong black coffee during his early mornings.

Post edited at 15:37
 wercat 06 Nov 2019

My grandmother's advice "Better Belly burst than good food be wasted".

From my grandfather "When in Chapel let it rattle" re letting wind out in a timely manner.

Both said in strong Durham City accents.

Lusk 06 Nov 2019
In reply to Timmd:

Ah, that's where I've being going wrong all these years

marsbar 06 Nov 2019

These dark at 4:30 days aren't good for me.  It feels so late and it isn't.  

In reply to marsbar:

> These dark at 4:30 days aren't good for me.  It feels so late and it isn't.  

I've been in bed each night before 6 depressed and upset.  

It's manageable now .  It's not good though

marsbar 06 Nov 2019

Its difficult. Take care. 

FactorXXX 06 Nov 2019
In reply to Timmd:

You'd still be late though...

Lusk 06 Nov 2019
In reply to marsbar:

> These dark at 4:30 days aren't good for me.  It feels so late and it isn't.  

T'Mrs goes on abart this, tis nonsense, wee lassie,nonsense.

These dark days ... It's an invitation to get thee selves t bed early and get fidgety tunder sheets twarm bed up.

Timmd 06 Nov 2019
In reply to FactorXXX:

> You'd still be late though...

Ha.

I'd literally sat down for less than a minute before my name was called for a recent medical.  

Post edited at 23:17

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...