UKC

Eating out in Penrith

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sherlock 02 Jul 2019

We've got an overnight in Penrith on Thursday and were looking for suggestions, veggie options important.

Cheers in advance,Sherlock

pec 02 Jul 2019
In reply to Sherlock:

I've eaten at the Agricultural Hotel in Penrith a couple of times. It had good food and generous portions. Don't know how extensive the vegetarian choice is but one of the times I was with my veggie sister so they must do something!

They don't appear to have a menu on their website but make reference to Facebook if you use that (I don't). There's reviews on trip advisor for what that's worth.

tmawer 02 Jul 2019
In reply to Sherlock:

"The Lounge" in the middle of Penrith is worth thinking about, I think they may have their menu on line, and I think there may be some nice vegetarian options. I have found the staff pretty helpful when there with a friend with a very restricted diet due to health issues. A real gap in the market for a good veggie eatery in Penrith!

ballsac 02 Jul 2019
In reply to Sherlock:

theres a little italian place called Gianni's in the main square by the clock tower thats very good - no idea about veggie though...

the Greek on King street was very nice as well.

OP Sherlock 02 Jul 2019
In reply to pec, tmawer and  ballsac

Thanks folks, all useful

Falcon 08 Jul 2019
In reply to Sherlock:

In case anyone is interested, we plumped for the Agricultural Hotel.

Excellent,friendly service and great food. Plenty of veggie options on menu and on specials board. Spirits served in 35 mil measures too, something I've not seen very often in England and increasingly rare in Scotland.

Phil Venn 10 Jul 2019
In reply to Sherlock:

I live in Penrith. In this town ALL the food is awful. Really.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...