UKC

Egging Corbyn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/mar/25/brexit-supporter-egged-jere...

God, Brexiters are thick, aren’t they? If there’s one Brexit supporter who’s worked tirelessly for it, it’s Corbyn, and all the more effectively for being undercover.

jcm

Post edited at 11:48
 Larefia 25 Mar 2019
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

Clicked on this hoping that it was going to reference the thrower getting charged with assault by beating which made me chuckle.

Trevers 25 Mar 2019
In reply to Larefia:

Police were scrambled to the scene pretty quickly!

Hat Dude 25 Mar 2019
In reply to Larefia:

The time for egg puns is ova

plyometrics 25 Mar 2019
In reply to Trevers:

Not sure this is a yoking matter. 

MonkeyPuzzle 25 Mar 2019
In reply to plyometrics:

It only sounds like there was a minor souffle.

profitofdoom 25 Mar 2019
In reply to Trevers:

> Police were scrambled to the scene pretty quickly!

Out of the frying pan into the fire. And they're shelling out a lot

Am I being a bit soft, or does the idea of the protester being sent to prison for hitting him with an egg seem a rather harsh? Because surely, using an unboiled egg as a weapon shows that one does not intend bodily harm, just a mess? I would have thought that a fine and suspended sentence would be about right.

Moley 25 Mar 2019

"Murphy, of Barnet in north-west London, was warned by the chief magistrate, Emma Arbuthnot, that he may be jailed for assault by beating in order to send a clear message that “attacks on MPs must stop”.

Arbuthnot said she was considering a short prison sentence for Murphy, who had been equipped with four further eggs".

I'm guessing that if someone chucked an egg at me in the street, they would get off with a caution.

One rule for them and another for us, come the revolution it will all change!

Post edited at 13:48
 wercat 25 Mar 2019

31 Year Old Thug Assaults Pensioner outside Mosque.

Does not look good does it?

Even in the cause of Breggsit

Post edited at 13:56
 wercat 25 Mar 2019
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Anyone who assaults an OAP or senior citizen like that  should be put in the stocks for a weekend to face similar abuse

Andrew Kin 25 Mar 2019

I miss the days when MPs dealt with this stuff properly ala John Prescott

Tom Valentine 25 Mar 2019
In reply to Andrew Kin:

And more recently the Australian who chinned the youth who was being far too clever trying to egg him and film it at the same time

Tom Valentine 25 Mar 2019
In reply to Andrew Kin:

Just read Prezza's explanation to Blair : "You told me to connect with the electorate so I did"

birdie num num 25 Mar 2019

It sounds like a cracking shot, I wonder what the distance/trajectory was?

mullermn 25 Mar 2019
In reply to Moley:

> One rule for them and another for us, come the revolution it will all change!

I imagine, what with Corbyn being 'different' than the entitled Westminster crowd, he will be appealing to the judge to have his assailant treated exactly the same as if he had egged a random guy in the street shortly.

Trevers 25 Mar 2019
In reply to Moley:

> "Murphy, of Barnet in north-west London, was warned by the chief magistrate, Emma Arbuthnot, that he may be jailed for assault by beating in order to send a clear message that “attacks on MPs must stop”.

> Arbuthnot said she was considering a short prison sentence for Murphy, who had been equipped with four further eggs".

> I'm guessing that if someone chucked an egg at me in the street, they would get off with a caution.

> One rule for them and another for us, come the revolution it will all change!

The egg wasn't thrown though. The guy apparently hit him in the head while holding an egg in his fist.

Baron Weasel 25 Mar 2019
In reply to Trevers:

Eggsactly what I was going to say but you beat me to it

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...