UKC

Favourite bit of clothing...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tlm 22 May 2014
I've got a thin sort of fleecy thing that seems to never be too hot, never too cold, got nice long sleeves, easy to wash, nice feeling, fits well. I've had it for years and it looks as good as new.

What's your favourite and why?
 BnB 22 May 2014
In reply to tlm:

My lucky pants
 Choss 22 May 2014
In reply to tlm:

Hawaiin shirts.
 AlisonSmiles 22 May 2014
In reply to tlm:

Today in the deluge on the bike, it has to be my Rapha rain jacket. Never have I got to work so dry waist upwards. Even if I'd had to pay for it, I'd say it was worth the money, none of that feeling like you might as well have worn a plastic bag. It doesn't look breathable and I didn't expect it to be but oh my it's changed my attitude towards riding in the rain! It's also bright blue with reflective bits which is handy when rain depletes drivers' vision.
OP tlm 22 May 2014
In reply to BnB:

Oh!!! I forgot my rainy day snuggle tracksuit bottoms... They are ugly, far too big but OH SO SNUGGLEY!!!
 OwenM 22 May 2014
In reply to tlm:

My skin, in fact I like it so much I wear it all the time under my other cloths.
mickeyluv 23 May 2014
In reply to tlm:

my second hand arcteryx gamma mx hoody just feels so right no matter what.
 Alex Riley 23 May 2014
My north face insulated jacket, sadly now ruined after getting soaked in petrol in a car accident a few weeks ago.
 gd303uk 23 May 2014
In reply to tlm:

Patagonia Nano storm, without doubt the best coat i have ever owned, waterproof, warm, never too cold or warm and does not steam up.
brilliant.
OP tlm 23 May 2014
In reply to tlm:

I have, before now, bought the same piece of clothes a second time, because the first one was so good!
 skog 23 May 2014
In reply to tlm:

> I have, before now, bought the same piece of clothes a second time, because the first one was so good!

I almost always do that.

My favourite is probably my lightweight black crew neck Rohan fleece my Dad bought me a couple of decades ago. It's still holding out surprisingly well, and is useful in every season.
 mypyrex 23 May 2014
In reply to tlm:

I have a fleecy top which was bought for me in (I think) Tesco about twelve years ago. When I go on a walk or trek it's the first thing to get packed. It's done Scotland, the Lakes, Snowdonia, the Pyrenees, The Himalaya and Morocco and shows no signs of wearing out.
 Alyson 23 May 2014
In reply to tlm:

Icebreaker merino baselayers - top and long johns. They are magic. Comfortable, soft, stretchy, odourless, temperature-perfect magicky magic.
In reply to tlm:

Green mankini
 gd303uk 23 May 2014
In reply to tlm:

I do this all the time, if I like something I will buy several of them in the hope I will always have them, at the moment I am sitting in one of my four pairs of Arcteryx spotter pants , one of two Rab Aeon base layers, one of six Pringle lambswool jumpers, ( some the same colour ) even undies and socks and shoes all multiple,
it can be expensive but I don't have to think much about what I wear.
on the down size I can freak out if i ruin one and can't replace it.
I even do the same with kit, I own 2 and a bit sets of RP nuts if I didnt I wouldnt use the ones I do as much.
OCD?
OP tlm 23 May 2014
In reply to gd303uk:

> OCD?

Nah - it's just the Dennis the Menace style of dressing. Can you imagine what the inside of his wardrobe looks like?

LastBoyScout 23 May 2014
In reply to tlm:

I have a couple of shirts I really like - to the point that I don't actually wear them much for fear of wearing them out!

I have a couple of jumpers I really like, too - a Weird Fish cotton thing that is just perfect for throwing on after surfing or when it gets chilly camping. It's faded by sun and washing, but I just can't bring myself to bin it.
OP tlm 23 May 2014
In reply to LastBoyScout:

> I have a couple of jumpers I really like, too - a Weird Fish cotton thing that is just perfect for throwing on after surfing or when it gets chilly camping. It's faded by sun and washing, but I just can't bring myself to bin it.

I had a shirt like that. I got it second hand - it had been my sisters, and I just wore and wore it. I don't even really know what I liked so much about it - it was grey and checked with short sleeves, but I wore it for about 20 years and in the end, the fabric went through. I didn't realize for years that she had originally shortened the sleeves from being long sleeves and that one was slightly longer than the other!
andymac 23 May 2014
In reply to tlm:

Dior pencil skirt.

Complements my nice ass.
 Choss 23 May 2014
In reply to andymac:

> Dior pencil skirt.

> Complements my nice ass.

How can we tell without photos?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...