UKC

First snowdrop!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lankyman 17 Jan 2021

I'm sat by the river and have just seen my first snowdrop of the year. It's close to where I would sit in lockdown 1 but back then it was a mass of wild garlic. Lots of them pushing through the sand but just one flower. Spring is sprung?

Doug 17 Jan 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

My sister sent me a photo of snowdrops last week, flowering by the banks of the River Avon in Wiltshire. But isn't that a bit south of you?

rubble 17 Jan 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Snowdrops first poking through soil prior to Christmas but now starting to flower ... only about 3-4 inches tall at best ... in Arbroath 🙃

mnyateley 17 Jan 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Yep, we have had flowering snowdrops in our garden since last weekend, perhaps a week or two in advance of normal here in balmy north east Hampshire. However we have had wallflowers in flower since last November from seeds sown in July, that's a couple of months earlier than usual.

In reply to Lankyman:

Lovely.

Our dafodills (pembrokshire) are looking like thet are going to open in the next week.

OP Lankyman 17 Jan 2021
In reply to Doug:

> My sister sent me a photo of snowdrops last week, flowering by the banks of the River Avon in Wiltshire. But isn't that a bit south of you?

Yes, I'm in the north of Lancashire. I remember as a teenager going on my first Easter caving trip to the Mendips. Everything seemed to be in flower and leaf down there while back home it seemed to be winter still.

Mike-W-99 17 Jan 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

They opened in my garden last week in Edinburgh. With the added bonus of snow too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...