UKC

Foreign Secretary for the Cheese Woman

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GravitySucks 15 Sep 2021

youtube.com/watch?v=n_wkO4hk07o&

We've already got the bleeding honey monster as PM, what's next ? Timmy Mallet as home secretary, probably couldn't do any worse than the current incumbent !

Pete Pozman 15 Sep 2021
In reply to GravitySucks:

You just know she will be crap at it.

If I'm wrong I'll eat one of my old hats. 

Tyler 15 Sep 2021

The worst, and perhaps most surprising, thing about this is that it’s probably not the worst appointment made today. It might even be only the third worst!

wintertree 15 Sep 2021

That video is a parody, right?

Right?

Huddy 15 Sep 2021
In reply to NorthernGrit:

The swaying smile is so painful to watch.

My toes have reached maximum curl.

Who did she practice that speech with? 

broken spectre 15 Sep 2021
In reply to wintertree:

> That video is a parody, right?

Kinda hoping it's a deep fake and that the entire cabinet don't really exist at this stage. It would be reassuring to think, as we head into Winter, that some shadowy overlord was in control really and actually a plan; any plan!

Pete Pozman 15 Sep 2021

You can feel the audience reaction: can we  really be hearing this? I can just imagine her in some important international conference trying to get the other diplomats to let her join in the conversation. Like Ivanka Trump. 

So uncomfortable to watch... Can't stop looking...

Whole thing is an absolute farce. 

> We've already got the bleeding honey monster as PM, what's next ? Timmy Mallet as home secretary, probably couldn't do any worse than the current incumbent !

God help us !

Politicians - the new z list celebrities.

I'm just waiting for the cabinet to feature on gogglebox or love island next .

PS: I'm not 

deepsoup 16 Sep 2021
In reply to Archmagos_Dominus:

> I'm just waiting for the cabinet to feature on gogglebox or love island next .

Our new culture secretary (God help us) has been there, done that:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2012/nov/08/nadine-dorries-celebrity-w...

In reply to deepsoup:

> Our new culture secretary (God help us) has been there, done that:https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2012/nov/08/nadine-dorries-celebr...

Please god no , we've suffered enough already. 

Si dH 16 Sep 2021
In reply to deepsoup:

> Our new culture secretary (God help us) has been there, done that:https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2012/nov/08/nadine-dorries-celebr...

I think she is perhaps the worst part of this reshuffle, which is saying something.

At least they got rid of Jenrick. Corruption meter drops from 10/10 to 8 or 9.

Post edited at 09:13
 Pete Pozman 16 Sep 2021
In reply to Si dH:

> I think she is perhaps the worst part of this reshuffle, which is saying something.

> At least they got rid of Jenrick. Corruption meter drops from 10/10 to 8 or 9.

And Gove is very good at learning from and avoiding the mistakes of his predecessors, as in Justice and Environment. I don't for one minute believe he has an ounce of sincerity, but at least he won't behave like an utter fool. 

Removed User 16 Sep 2021
In reply to Si dH:

Lot's of praise for Jenrick on the Beeb last night in relation to his competence (or at least ability to not fcuk things up completely. Strangely there was no mention of his filthy twitchy fingers.

Harry Jarvis 16 Sep 2021
In reply to Removed User:

> Lot's of praise for Jenrick on the Beeb last night in relation to his competence (or at least ability to not fcuk things up completely. Strangely there was no mention of his filthy twitchy fingers.

Particularly odd given that the changes in planning laws he was spearheading appear to be on the way to being dropped, following the Chesham and Amersham byelection. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...