UKC

France, Spain and GMT

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 15 Jun 2012
A quick look at a map indicates that there seems to be more of the French land mass west of the Greenwich Meridian than there is of Britain to the east. Also, about 80% of the Iberian peninsula is west of Greenwich.

I think it's high time that we gave up the idea of adopting euro time and tell France and Spain in particular to adopt GMT. If they want to get more daylight in their day they should get up earlier ;oP
 Cuthbert 15 Jun 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

Diana is dead, the EU will continue and immigration will continue. it's all down to "them".
 Doug 15 Jun 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

> I think it's high time that we gave up the idea of adopting euro time and tell France and Spain in particular to adopt GMT. If they want to get more daylight in their day they should get up earlier ;oP

But the UK isn't in the same time zone as France etc
 Al Evans 16 Jun 2012
In reply to mypyrex: I live in Spain, almost exactly on the Greenwich meridien, there is a sign/monument a few hundred mt down the road stating it's o.oo degrees. Some local ex-pats didn't believe it so I checked it out and it's within 5 mts correctly placed.
 Al Evans 16 Jun 2012
In reply to Al Evans: Incidently Portugal is on the same time as England, which always strikes me as odd.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...