UKC

Gaming PC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cfer 26 Oct 2021

The lad turned 18 the other day and got some inheritance, most is going to be invested but hes kept some of it back for a car and he wants a gaming pc.

Now hes not very tech minded, as in he doesnt care about what the parts are or clock speeds or any of that. He just wants a pc, that wont be slow, loud or be unable to play games in next few years. He plays various games and although none have ray tracing, he wants to be able to play future games when they come out. It is only going to be for gaming...absolutely nothing else at all. He also needs a screen, he sits at his desk gaming so is 24" going to be enough or 27" better? Curved or not?

2 we have narrowed it down to are these

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk-gaming-radiance-bullet-amd-ryzen-3600-p...

but with a 3060ti graphics card

or he likes the look of this but not sure about performance etc

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/pc-gaming/gaming-pcs/alienware-aurora-...

Is anyone able to advise on what specs he should be thinking or links to any good machines 

In reply to cfer:

If it was me I'd spend money on the screen and get a decent gaming keyboard and mouse before I splurged on the processor.   The screen will outlast at least two PCs and has a bigger effect on the overall experience.  A gaming keyboard and mouse will give you an edge on any game which involves aiming faster than the next guy.  If it is all about gaming and you are pretty serious/good then a fast reponse time on the monitor may start to make a difference.

I wouldn't worry too much about DRAM because it is really easy to plug in more if you find you need it.  So get 8GB to start with and buy more if you need it.

I'd want at least 500Gb and probably 1TB SSD so I could have quite a few big games loaded.

I'd think about what games I wanted to play and the screen I'd chosen before choosing a graphics card.  Very easy to spend a ton of money and get no benefit because the game can't take advantage.  Swapping a graphics card is also easy, if it runs out of steam in a few years you can swap it out for a better one and by that time what is high end and expensive now will be mid range and cheaper.

In reply to cfer:

The first one on Overclockers is pretty good. The one from Currys is... kinda pants vs the first option.

Overclockers one should be easier to upgrade in the future too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...