UKC

Getting an LFD in France to return to UK

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yanis Nayu 16 Sep 2021

My daughter’s in Paris, abroad on her own for the first time. She needs a negative LFD in order to return home. Does anybody know how this works, whether you have to book in advance or just turn up at a pharmacy and how (it at all) it links with the passenger locator forms?

Thanks!

Doug 16 Sep 2021
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Maybe different in Paris but here tests are available at the local pharmacy

OP Yanis Nayu 16 Sep 2021
In reply to Doug:

Thanks - I’ve found this site https://www.sante.fr/cf/carte-depistage-covid.html

Need to establish whether you need to book or not. 

annieman 16 Sep 2021
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

LFT is a self test. shove swab down your throat, then up you nose. dunk it in the special liquid. couple of drops on the test kit then wait 30 mins for the result. Easy

oureed 16 Sep 2021
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> Need to establish whether you need to book or not. 

She might be best just wandering into a few pharmacies and trying her luck. I was squeezed in between tests. They send you the certificate with the QR code by text or email.

In reply to annieman:

They have to be done by a medical worker in order to get the certificate.

Post edited at 20:50
In reply to oureed:

Cheers - did they give you some paperwork or is it electronic? Does it link with the passenger locator form at all?

In reply to annieman:

Yep - as the other poster said it’s the certification that’s the problem. 

In reply to oureed:

Just realised I didn’t read your message properly, sorry. 

oureed 16 Sep 2021
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> Just realised I didn’t read your message properly, sorry. 

I added it using the edit button coz I hadn't read your message properly!

mbh 16 Sep 2021
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

If I understand correctly, and I may not, but this is how it worked when I went over in August, the LFT you do over there in the 48 hours before returning just generates a certificate that you need to show on leaving (I went by ferry and the ferry people looked at it). To complete the passenger locator form, you need to enter the code of the PCR test you have booked to do after having returned. I had to do it on day 2 and day 8 of getting back, but I think it's different now.

So for the journey back you need the certificate from the LFT test done over there, plus the Passenger locator form, to complete which you need to have pre-booked whatever test(s) the UK requires you to do after returning. You do the LFT test, and complete the locator form in the 48 hours before the return journey.

Post edited at 21:13
In reply to mbh:

That’s great, thanks. 

In reply to oureed:

Ah! 😃

Bingers 16 Sep 2021
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

See comments on the following thread: https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/destinations/eurotunnel_for_france_and_ba...

Post edited at 22:22
 RX-78 16 Sep 2021
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

She should have the French TousAntiCovid app on her phone, if she has a smart phone. The French LFT test result can be added to the certificates held by the app, then that's all she should need for the pre return test. The app can also hold the certs for vaccine status (UK or French). 

You still need to do at least a day 2 PCR test once back in the UK. Which as stated earlier needs to be booked before returning, we did it using links on the Eurostar website.

Oh, and we just got tested at a local pharmacy, just turned up without any appointment and got tested no problem.

Post edited at 22:51
 James FR 17 Sep 2021
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

As mentioned by others it's possible in a pharmacy - if she wants to be sure she can make an appointment on www.doctolib.fr (just enter "test antigénique" in the search box). The two tests I've booked for people have cost 25 euros but that might vary, especially in Paris...

They might be able to print out the result, if not then you can get a link sent by SMS to download an electronic copy.

Vigier 17 Sep 2021
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Need a LFT on Monday. Went into local pharmacy yesterday to see if needed to book. 

No need, just turn up they said.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...