UKC

Good food pub central Manchester?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Siward 28 Sep 2013
As per the title, I will be in Manchester tomorrow afternoon and wanting a good feed. I don't know the city but me, wife and daughter are going to be there for a few hours tomorrow.

So over to you for recommendations. Good beer would be a bonus too.
 ThunderCat 28 Sep 2013
In reply to Siward:

Akbars down in Castlefields...down by the science and industry museum does a nice Indian...
 ThunderCat 28 Sep 2013
In reply to ThunderCat:

And it's staggering distance to a pub called Cask which does a lot of nice beers (although if you've kids in tow it mightn't suit)
OP Siward 28 Sep 2013
In reply to ThunderCat: daughter is 19 yo!
In reply to Siward:

Cask is good, do they do food? If you want good food AND good beer, an option would be to head for The Knott, just across the road from Deansgate station.
In reply to Siward: Mr Thomas's chop house is good with the corned beef hash recommended. A Google will find them.

T.
 ThunderCat 28 Sep 2013
In reply to SidharthaDongre:
> (In reply to Siward)
>
> Cask is good, do they do food? If you want good food AND good beer, an option would be to head for The Knott, just across the road from Deansgate station.

Would second the knott for beer as well. (never tried food there)
 ThunderCat 28 Sep 2013
In reply to Siward:
> (In reply to ThunderCat) daughter is 19 yo!

Problem solved!
 Solar 29 Sep 2013
In reply to ThunderCat:
Food at the Knott bar is pretty good.
OP Siward 30 Sep 2013
In reply to Solar: Thanks all, we went to the Knott in the end which was an excellent recommendation. Great Sunday lunch and beers, what more could I have asked for?
 ByEek 30 Sep 2013
In reply to Siward: Not sure if Akbars is open in the afternoon. If you don't mind a small walk, the Marble Arch is just out of town past the Coop building and serves very good pub grub as well as being "the" real Ale pub in Manchester village.

Failing that, I would do something like Wagamama or similar. At least you know you aren't going to get utter pish.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...