UKC

Good quality "jewellers'" screwdrivers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blue Straggler 11 Jan 2013
Can anyone recommend some proper good quality fine (jewellers' type) screwdrivers? I need to try to service some old lenses (sticky aperture blades on 3 of my 4 Canon FD mount lenses), just need a bit of lighter fluid onto them) but the screws are tiny and a lot of jewellers' type screwdrivers tend to be a little soft and useless on tight cross-head screws - deforming the screwdriver and rounding the screw head. I know there are good ones out there but I don't know what to look for. Thanks!
 Hat Dude 11 Jan 2013
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Have a look at Cromwell Tools

http://www.cromwell.co.uk/index.php?m=home&s=homepage&q=0
 Tall Clare 11 Jan 2013

See my reply to your FB post.
 dek 11 Jan 2013
Have a look at Speedgraphic online. Robert White used to sell similar quite cheap forToyo/toya? Or the Pound Shop/Aldi /Lidl/Morrisons spec repair kit?!
In reply to Tall Clare:

Thanks Clare.
To others - think I am sorted for now but will bear Cromwell Tools in mind.
 Martin W 11 Jan 2013
In reply to Blue Straggler: Be aware that a lot of very small screws that appear to have a cross head aren't really "cross-head" screws, in the sense that the slots aren't deep enough to allow a pointed, Phillips-profile screwdriver tip to seat deep enough. Using a Phillips-type screwdriver with screws like that will often just burr the slots; it's often better to use a flat blade screwdriver of the right size to fit securely in just one of the slots in the screw head. Ideally you should check the fit of the driver in the screw head before exerting any significant torque.
In reply to Martin W:

Thanks, I will keep an eye on that.
Rigid Raider 11 Jan 2013

I bet Machine Mart and Screwfix sell these.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...