UKC

Google sheets help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mwr72 09 Oct 2021

I'm really not sure how it's possible but sure it is.

I have sheet1 open and named daily site register. In column E I have names, in column F I have trades. Column G is binary(data is entered as either 1 or 0. Column H is hours.

In cell H11 I have the formula =G11*8 and so on down the list until the numbers are summed at the bottom of the list.

In Sheet2 I have monthly attendance, columns E & F are the same as in Sheet1 but column G has changed and entered here is the data from Sheet1, I have used =Sheet1!G11 and so on down the column. This is all good and as I need, this is also where my problems start.

So now I have the above in column G (column G for example represents 01/10/2021, column H represents 02/10/2021 and so on until the end of the month.

My problem is for my single binary entry in sheet 1, which is entered each day, to now return the data in to Sheet2 column H without changing the previous days data which is in Sheet2 column G. I want to be able to do this for the full month.

I hope that my explanation is clear and there are some gurus here who may be able to help.

Thanks. 

In reply to mwr72:

So to check if I'm understanding, in sheet 1 you enter a 0 or a 1 in column G, then this populates column G in sheet 2. Then tbe next day you want to update column G in sheet 1 but have it populate column H in sheet 2 while leaving column G untouched? 

If this is the case, a couple of options spring to mind, the simplest is just paste the values at the end of the day (or start of the next) into the appropriate column of sheet 2. Alternatively, could you enter the binary values into sheet 2 directly, and have the other formulas point to this? 

Alternatively, you could set up a form (like a survey) with one page that lets you enter the 0s and 1s, the forms populate a Google sheet. It might not give you the data in exactly the order you want, but with either links or some sort of index-match it should be relatively straightforward to change to the arrangement you want. 

mwr72 13 Oct 2021
In reply to stevevans5:

I managed to. Get what I wanted with the formula =if(F12=TRUE,if(G12="",now(),G12),"")

It took me a lot of working out and YouTube videos but got there in the end.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...