UKC

Green coffee bean advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Philo22 11 Feb 2014
Called in at my Dad's place yesterday and he asked me if I could get him some 'green coffee bean supplement' on the internet as he's not great with computers.
Not having heard of this before I promptly looked it up once home. For those who don't know, it turns out this stuff is a weight loss supplement and is taken three times per day. There is (as usual) plenty of online endorsement from happy, thinner, users and it promises some fairly impressive weight loss figures.
My main concerns however are:

Its expensive (relatively for my Dad anyway). A 14 day supply comes in at just under 12 quid.

As you might expect, it contains a lot of caffeine. Obviously repeated doses of caffeine pills three times a day is unhealthy, even more so for Dad who is getting on a bit.

Obviously something that promises rapid weight loss without a fixed dietary and exercise program is either cripplingly bad for you or a load of sh*te (or both!).

Unfortunatley Dad saw a few of the promo vids for this on a friends machine and is dead keen on getting hold of some. Obviously suggestions regarding a change in exercise or diet have fallen on deaf ears when there seems to be an easier alternative!
Just wondered if anyone on here has had positive or negative experiences with the Green Coffee Supplement or has any suggestions for alternatives?
Cheers
Phil
 Toerag 12 Feb 2014
In reply to Philo22:

Ask him to explain scientifically (with proof) how it alters the "calories in > calories out" imbalance that he has; and tell him to stop frittering away your inheritance and go for a walk with you instead!
 CurlyStevo 12 Feb 2014
In reply to Toerag:
Calories in calories out is a pretty old fashioned way of thinking about weight loss. What the body does with calories depends on what you eat not just the calorific values of it.

That's not to say I believe that the 'green coffee bean supplement' is a good idea.
Post edited at 11:03

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...