UKC

Gridlock!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FrankBooth 18 Jan 2013
Looking out my office window, it looks like the whole of Leicester is in a state of panicky-gridlock! My American colleague is bemused at our response to a couple of inches of snow!
 EeeByGum 18 Jan 2013
In reply to FrankBooth: Perhaps, but I bet he couldn't stay up-beat and ye-ha if he had to endure 8 months where it rained every day!
 Alan M 18 Jan 2013
In reply to EeeByGum:

My American friend has never seen snow!!!
 Duncan Bourne 18 Jan 2013
In reply to FrankBooth:
See that's why I take the bike to work when it is like this.
Overtook loads of cars for the short section of main road and then a nice bit of snowy single track over the country park. Brill!
 browndog33 18 Jan 2013
In reply to FrankBooth: I left leicester at 11.30 this morning because I was concerned that this would happen!
 spearing05 18 Jan 2013
In reply to FrankBooth: Bit embarrassed at work today explaining to the engineers who'd driven over from Germany that there was no one there because we couldn't get enough people in to crew even one machine.
 london_huddy 18 Jan 2013
In reply to FrankBooth:

Just back from London City Airport after they gave up and cancelled pretty much everything!

31 Flight due to leave between 1815 and 2030 tonight: only 1 is actually boarding and will definitely leave. Bloody embarrassing for an airport which was touting itself as a model of preparedness.
 toad 18 Jan 2013
In reply to FrankBooth: Mrs T got the train from Leics city centre to Nottm with no problem at all. Colleague drove home and it took 3 hours - most of which was getting out of Leicester. Many headless chickens there this evening.
 Alex@home 18 Jan 2013
In reply to FrankBooth:

same thing happened in norwich about 10 years ago when there was snow for the first time in years. took many people hours to drive a couple of miles.

funny that, same thing happened there again the other day
 winhill 18 Jan 2013
In reply to toad:
> (In reply to FrankBooth) Mrs T got the train from Leics city centre to Nottm with no problem at all. Colleague drove home and it took 3 hours - most of which was getting out of Leicester. Many headless chickens there this evening.

True, but they managed to beat Middlesbrough 1-0.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...