UKC

Halldale Quarry development

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Climber_Bill 14 May 2022

Hi,

Does anyone know if the proposed Halldale Quarry development is taking place? It's not possible to see on any aerial imagery, Google, Bing etc. if the development is actually under way?

I'm assuming the development hasn't started yet as routes are still being logged.

Thanks.

SD.

Remyveness 14 May 2022
In reply to Climber_Bill:

I’ve got no specific info about the Halldale development, but you might be able to get more up to date imagery of the site by going straight to the sentinel website. https://apps.sentinel-hub.com/sentinel-playground/

robert-hutton 15 May 2022

Haven't been in this year but climbed in November and no sign of development then, i cannot see how they could develop most of the ground as its inclined base would need a massive spend.

OP Climber_Bill 15 May 2022
In reply to Remyveness:

Thanks for the link. Great website. If that is current imagery, then nothing happening yet.

SD.

OP Climber_Bill 15 May 2022
In reply to robert-hutton:

Thanks very much.

Completely agree about the potential cost. I went quite a few years ago for a look and walk around. When I heard about the development I was surprised any property company would be able to make a profit with the clean up and preparation required.

Shame if it is developed. Climbing aside it makes a great location for those Blake's 7 scene re-enactments.

SD.

Remyveness 15 May 2022

Yea that will have imagery from the last week or so 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...