UKC

Has Trump misjudged Turkey?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 10 Oct 2019

Trump has called many a county's Leader's bluff, and had fun with Twitter.

But has he now made a mistake in threatening Turkey along with pulling out of Syria?

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/turkeys-erdogan-threatens-send-millions-104738806...

In reply to The Lemming:

> Trump has called many a county's Leader's bluff, and had fun with Twitter.

> But has he now made a mistake in threatening Turkey along with pulling out of Syria?

In a word 

Yes.

DerwentDiluted 10 Oct 2019
In reply to The Lemming:

He has unmatched wisdom though remember. True enough, in so far as the only thing close to matching Trumps wisdom is a geranium.

Rob Exile Ward 10 Oct 2019
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

If the US is going to start deciding who it supports on the basis of who took part in the Normandy landings 75 years ago, then there's going to be a lot of countries hung out to dry.

Lusk 10 Oct 2019

> He has unmatched wisdom though remember. True enough, in so far as the only thing close to matching Trumps wisdom is a geranium.

My geraniums are fuming at that comment and are threatening on going round your house to sort you out.

wbo2 10 Oct 2019
In reply to The Lemming:no.  You're mistaken in thinking he gives a damn about former allies

OP The Lemming 10 Oct 2019
In reply to wbo2:

I'm mistaken?

It's probably just a generalisation as the topic unfolds. Trump only cares about himself and those that can help him personally and financially.

Post edited at 17:42
 DerwentDiluted 10 Oct 2019
In reply to Lusk:

> My geraniums are fuming at that comment and are threatening on going round your house to sort you out.

Then I apologise unreservedly and without caveat to your Geraniums, their descendents in perpetuity,  and indeed all Perigoniums.

pasbury 10 Oct 2019
In reply to wbo2:

> no.  You're mistaken in thinking he gives a damn about former allies

Quite, he will make any excuse that comes into his head in that moment.

Reminds of my children, though even the youngest grew out of that a few years ago, he' s now 8.

bouldery bits 10 Oct 2019
In reply to The Lemming:

I misjudged turkey at Christmas. 

I was so full. 

And the curry lasted till February. 

Lusk 10 Oct 2019

>   and indeed all Perigoniums.

Don't get that lot started

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...