UKC

Holy Schist!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pete Pozman 06 Dec 2017
The enormity of Trump's intervention in the Holy Land is mind boggling. Americans can you sort this out please and fast.
 JLS 07 Dec 2017
In reply to Pete Pozman:

How long before a Trump golf course in the occupied territories?

In reply to JLS:

Please don't joke about this.
 Stichtplate 07 Dec 2017
In reply to JLS:

> How long before a Trump golf course in the occupied territories?

They've already built the bunkers.
 Sharp 07 Dec 2017
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

> Please don't joke about this.

Sometime's it's all you can do, jokes are at home in the darkest of times
 Rob Parsons 07 Dec 2017
In reply to Pete Pozman:

> The enormity of Trump's intervention in the Holy Land is mind boggling. Americans can you sort this out please and fast.

I disagree with the action, but Trump didn't create the problem; he has simply (ha!) chosen not to continue to exercise the Presidential waiver. The question ought to be why the law (see e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_Embassy_Act ) hasn't been revoked. In that respect, Americans could indeed have sorted it out long ago.
 krikoman 07 Dec 2017
In reply to Rob Parsons:
> I disagree with the action, but Trump didn't create the problem; he has simply (ha!) chosen not to continue to exercise the Presidential waiver. The question ought to be why the law (see e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_Embassy_Act ) hasn't been revoked. In that respect, Americans could indeed have sorted it out long ago.

I'd have thought a more pertinent question would be, "Why do we have special laws that support Israel", against international law.

Since it seems obvious to the rest of the world, there's something a little sensitive about Jerusalem.

The real question sholdn't be about the fallout from what he's done, it should be why did he feel the need to do this.

California is on fire and he's worried about moving the US embassy, America First, my arse!!

β€œTo recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel legitimizes illegal actions.”
Post edited at 09:26
Rigid Raider 07 Dec 2017
In reply to Pete Pozman:

So far nobody has explained his motivation. Who is he trying to please? The Jewish lobby in the USA? The Israelis?
 krikoman 07 Dec 2017
In reply to Rigid Raider:
> So far nobody has explained his motivation. Who is he trying to please? The Jewish lobby in the USA? The Israelis?

This makes interesting points

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20171206-why-is-trump-moving-on-jerusalem...

Maybe he has a master plan, for peace?

Imagine if he had, that would be very weird, let's hope so.

Considering how much aid the US give Israel, I think it would be pretty easy fro them to exert a massive amount of pressure, to do just about anything.
Post edited at 09:37
 Stichtplate 07 Dec 2017

> So far nobody has explained his motivation. Who is he trying to please? The Jewish lobby in the USA? The Israelis?

Easy win for Trump in the home market. Pleases both the powerful US pro-Israel lobby and his anti-Muslim redneck supporters. No pro-Trump Muslim/Arab base to upset.
pasbury 07 Dec 2017

Sadly I think it's egotism. And he did campaign on it.

He wants to be remembered as the great 'shaker upper' or some such bullshit.
 doz 07 Dec 2017
In reply to Pete Pozman:

The man is a total arse - just pointing it out like
Rigid Raider 07 Dec 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

I really doubt most Trump supporters know where Israel is, care about Tel Aviv or Jerusalem or the political significance of this.

OTOH I bet the staff at the US Embassy are hacked off at the prospect of moving to a town 50 miles away in the boondocks.
Stellar Meteor 07 Dec 2017
In reply to Pete Pozman:

And Killary would of been any better???? Get over it...
 French Erick 07 Dec 2017
In reply to Stellar Meteor:

She probably would HAVE been somewhat better. It's not great feeling to acknowledge that most people vying for that kind of office have had to compromise so much that principle and corruption are two words that rhyme =(
OP Pete Pozman 07 Dec 2017
In reply to Stellar Meteor:

> And Killary would of been any better???? Get over it...

Are you out of your mind?
 Rob Parsons 07 Dec 2017
In reply to krikoman:

> I'd have thought a more pertinent question would be, "Why do we have special laws that support Israel", against international law.

Who's the 'we'?

The US Congress passed the law in question - some twenty or so years ago.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...