UKC

How do you know when its time for a new tent?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 14 Jul 2017
Someone steals it from the clothesline in your garden.

Goodbye faithful Vaude Taurus UL.

What's the point of this theft without poles!!

At least the poles were due to get replaced (I had emailed Vaude just today with my tent code to get a price for new poles)
 JEF 14 Jul 2017
In reply to Flinticus:

Put your old poles on eBay; the thief will buy them ............elementary my dear Watson
 Toccata 15 Jul 2017
In reply to Flinticus:

Knowing full well the string of thefts that affected Langdale NT campsite in the late 90s, we took the 'old' gear (but still very good) for a long weekend. It was rather surreal to return from a walk to find a bare spot and just a few tent pegs (tent and contents gone). All credit to the then newly formed Direct Line who coughed up like for like and I still use the replacement kit.
OP Flinticus 15 Jul 2017
In reply to Toccata:

Wonder if my insurance will cough up. Don't know if I am covered for theft outdoors.
 Chris Harris 15 Jul 2017
 Timmd 15 Jul 2017
In reply to Flinticus:
It might be worth cycling round your area on the night before bin day and seeing if you can find it?

Perhaps after dark if you don't want people to think you're scavenging...
Post edited at 12:45
In reply to Flinticus:

> Wonder if my insurance will cough up. Don't know if I am covered for theft outdoors.

It's a tent. If it isn't insured when it's outside, then what's the point of it being insured at all?

T.
 wbo 15 Jul 2017
In reply to Flinticus: another Vaude story - after 11 or 12 years my 'general duty ' tent is losing the tape on it's Seams. Relegated to summer duty i guess

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...