UKC

How to sell a second hand Rayburn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 67hours 26 Jun 2022

We've just moved up to the Peak (Buxton side) and into a property with a Rayburn stove.

Decided to upgrade some parts of the house and the Rayburn won't make the cut. Have heard they have quite good re-sell value, wondered if anyone has a good suggestion on how to pass this on?

In case you're tempted - its a Rayburn Royal 17B (gas fuelled, white, 2 hot plate lids + 2 ovens).

Thanks!

George

65 26 Jun 2022
In reply to 67hours:

There will almost certainly be facebook groups for such things, it shouldn't be too difficult to sell.

TMM 27 Jun 2022
In reply to 67hours:

I sold an old Rayburn on eBay about ten years ago. If I needed to get rid of another one I’d do the same again and also use Facebook Marketplace.

Dax H 27 Jun 2022
In reply to 67hours:

Ebay everytime but also look for specific groups on things like Facebook and post your eBay link. 

OP 67hours 27 Jun 2022
In reply to 67hours:

Thanks for the good advice all, I'll go for eBay and then repost to Facebook Marketplace

Toerag 27 Jun 2022
In reply to 67hours:

My rule of thumb - if an item will be of value to a specific sort of person but that person isn't very common, then ebay is by far the best place to sell as it's got the widest reach. The only thing working against you is the fact that it'll be expensive to ship any distance.

In reply to Toerag:

> My rule of thumb - if an item will be of value to a specific sort of person but that person isn't very common, then ebay is by far the best place to sell as it's got the widest reach. The only thing working against you is the fact that it'll be expensive to ship any distance.

Let alone get the thing out and into another house. Took six of us to carry ours into the house through the dinning room and into position. I was several decades younger then!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...