UKC

Insurance company rant

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
My wife and I owned 2 Nissan X-Trails until recently, when we sold one and bought a 60 reg. Volvo V50 - much cheaper to run and £270 less to tax. We were insured with Admiral on a multi car policy (fully comp, protected no claims). Neither my wife or I have any convictions or claims and I have 15 years ncd and she has 13 years. I changed the vehicle details on line to insure the Volvo and received a confirmation email the next day. All was fine apparently but they were charging an additional £172 to make the change. I was pretty upset by this. The car cost £246 to insure originally so adding £172 half way through the policy amounts to a £344 annual increase - about 135%!!! After 3 days of call-backs they reduced the increase to £50, still a £100 annual increase. I told them where to shove it and insured both vehicles elsewhere for £480. We had been with them for 3 years - why don't they give a stuff about customer satisfaction?
 Ciro 15 Nov 2017
In reply to blackmountainbiker:

They have inertia on their side... for everyone who changes insurers they'll likely have half a dozen who just pay it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...