UKC

John Walker of the North-West

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 veteye 27 Sep 2021

A week ago, whilst walking in the Cairngorm region, I slipped on a slab with granite granules on it, and subsequently had a left leg lameness problem. I suspected a distal Fibular/Lateral Malleolus fracture. 

I had been paralleling the route along the Devil's Peak and Cairn Toul, that John Walker was doing, and we were just coming off the latter, when the accident happened. John kindly offered to accompany me back to Corrour in case I had any further problems. So we progressed more slowly in circumnavigating the peaks just done, through the inevitable boulder fields, to the corrie rim, and then down to the Bothy, where I left John and a couple of others. 

I just wanted to thank John for being the person who with little self-interest made sure that I had no further problems in getting down to better ground. Thank you very much for your time, and for importuning yourself.

I eventually got seen and radiographed on Tuesday pm/ early am Wednesday morning, and my diagnosis, sadly was correct: So now I am in a cast, and frustrated in that respect. Oh well, I had better play patiently for now....

Rob (Stamford).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...