UKC

Just found some 10 F ( French franc ) coins ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 15 Nov 2022

Bizarrely Sorting through some old climbing gear . 15 x 10 f coins . If anybody knows a way of turning these to useable money they can go to your local MRT or one of the lakes ones . 

Dave the Rave 15 Nov 2022
In reply to mike123:

Not sure what to do here.

Perhaps try and see if one fits in one of those coin sorter things at a supermarket? If it gives a good exchange rate then put them all in

Bobling 15 Nov 2022
In reply to mike123:

Keep them handy - you never know when you might walk past an old arcade machine and get a chance to play Double Dragon, Gauntlet or even Golden Axe (the King of them all!).  HTH.

jcw 16 Nov 2022
In reply to mike123:

Anciens  or nouveaux francs?

Post edited at 09:31
 LastBoyScout 16 Nov 2022
In reply to mike123:

I've got a small bag of old paper money, all sorts of odd things from my travels, but includes a 200 Franc note. May even have a few coins in the change bag.

Obviously stuff left over from various holidays years ago and kept for the next trip that never happened before they went Euro.

Post edited at 10:46
 Rob Exile Ward 16 Nov 2022
In reply to LastBoyScout:

Bar stewards! They only did that to annoy us...

LastBoyScout 16 Nov 2022
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

Indeed.

Not sure I'm going to be spending the Kenyan Shillings*, Egyptian Pounds*, Malaysian Ringits or Nepalese Rupees any time soon, let alone the Aussie or Canadian Dollars!

The US dollars will come in handy next year, though.

* Those are so old, they're probably no longer valid, even if I DID go there again - would have to find a bank to exchange them!

Carless 16 Nov 2022
In reply to mike123:

During my interview for gaining French nationality, he asked a question to which I correctly answered Marianne

I then asked if she was the person topless on the old 100 franc notes and he replied he was too young to have seen one

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...