UKC

Knitting time!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 joeramsay 23 Mar 2020

Now that we all a lot more time for craft projects, what's on everyone's needles then? I've just learnt to do cables and I'm 2/3 of the way through a nice chunky scarf, pics to follow if anyone gives a toss. Let's get some knitting inspiration going to tide us through! 

ianstevens 23 Mar 2020
In reply to joeramsay:

You do realise you could do these before right?

Blue Straggler 23 Mar 2020
In reply to ianstevens:

Bit harsh!

Pyreneenemec 23 Mar 2020
In reply to joeramsay:

My partner has just finished a 'Tigger' ( Winnie the Pooh character) pullover for our grandson. What a labour of love ! The little sod won't even appreciate it. I mean, it can't compete with a 'Paw Patrol' sweat-shirt ! 

girlymonkey 23 Mar 2020
In reply to joeramsay:

We are on pretty strict hygiene regimn here due to the arrival of a family member from across the world so cleaning stuff all the time. I will be crocheting more cleaning cloths. I have done some previously so need to do some more.

Also have a couple of sewing projects to do too. 

climbingpixie 23 Mar 2020
In reply to joeramsay:

I'm knitting stripy socks for my other half. Normally I'm a fairly slow knitter and he has to wait 6-12 months for a pair but these are flying off the needles. There's something about stripes that I find incredibly compelling - I always want to do another row. Sadly I've just had to unpick the heel of the second one as it all went a bit wrong but hell, it's not as though I don't have loads of time to spend on them!

ianstevens 23 Mar 2020
In reply to Blue Straggler:

> Bit harsh!

Yeah, sorry. I’m just grumpy and not really signed up to this optimism for doing things people could do anyway but choose not to.

Sealwife 23 Mar 2020
In reply to climbingpixie:

Been learning how to knit socks on dpns.  Also got a large crochet blanket on the go, using up scraps.

Still have to go to work tomorrow though

Removed User 23 Mar 2020
In reply to Sealwife:

Once you get into knitting in the round you won't want to do it any other way. 

I've just finished a pair of hand warmers tonight. I've a good stash of wool to see me through the coming months.

I use to knit on night shifts when I worked in NNU. During the quiet periods I could sit in ICU keeping an eye on babies.

profitofdoom 24 Mar 2020
In reply to joeramsay:

> Now that we all a lot more time for craft projects, what's on everyone's needles then? I've just learnt to do cables and I'm 2/3 of the way through a nice chunky scarf, pics to follow if anyone gives a toss. Let's get some knitting inspiration going to tide us through! 

A nice positive thread, Joe, thanks. They're sadly lacking these days, not surprising I know, but it gets me down

I've learned to get on with work at home and try hard - then I don't obsessively read the news all the time

Helen R 24 Mar 2020
In reply to joeramsay:

I'm another one who's determined to learn socks. I've got all the gear ready. And I've got a half-done lacey scarf that's more hole that it's supposed to be... Probably time to unpick and concentrate again.

And if I get bored of knitting, I've got some needlework kits to try something different. 

Other people panic buy toilet paper, I stocked up on craft projects.

climbingpixie 24 Mar 2020
In reply to Sealwife:

I keep thinking I should knit a scrap blanket. I have so many odds and ends that I can't bear to get rid of but I never seem to find a use for. Doubling them up (they're mostly fingering weight) and making a blanket out of them would be a great use.

Good luck with your DPNs. I tend to use circs and magic loop nowadays for my socks - they're a touch slower but I get less laddering at the needle transitions, and the flexibility is great for heels and gussets.

climbingpixie 24 Mar 2020
In reply to Helen R:

Socks are amazing. There's something about turning a heel that feels incredibly satisfying. And they're actually properly useful, which is more than I can see for the majority of stuff I knit!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...