UKC

Last Live band you saw.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Missing live music massively.....last band I went to see was Young the Giant @ The Electric Ballroom,Camden.

Had tickets for Saint Motel at the Gorilla Club in Manchester last year but they cancelled because of Covid...

Not sure when it's going to happen again..

yeti 15 Jan 2021
In reply to Shaun mcmurrough:

last one was probably Muse, brilliant gig

should have seen Rammstein last June, but it has been put back a year, if it doesn't get moved again

Neil Williams 15 Jan 2021

The Levellers in Liverpool in late Feb.  Surprised I didn't catch it there to be honest, must have been a fair bit around by then!

Blue Straggler 15 Jan 2021

Anna Meredith, last February. I am glad my last gig was a very good one. It's odd that I didn't have any tickets for anything further into 2020. An old diary shows that I'd had various stuff pencilled in, including stuff I really should have bought advance tickets for, but I didn't quite get to around to it before The World Broke. I had loose ideas to attend the Blue Dot festival and/or End of the Road and/or Indietracks, plus individual gigs by the likes of Porridge Radio, Lanterns on the Lake, Even As We Speak (who were threatening to make me play piano with them!), and although no shows were planned, I don't doubt that in a normal year, Haiku Salut and Alessi's Ark and Arlo Parks and Dana Gavanski would probably have played. 

Sl@te Head 15 Jan 2021

Glasvegas and Greta Van Fleet, I'm definitely missing live music....

In reply to Neil Williams:

>   Surprised I didn't catch it there to be honest, must have been a fair bit around by then!

Covid-19 was probably terrified of tie-dye tops, unwashed hair, and the reek of cider  

I've "attended" a couple of online streaming gigs. Angel Olsen, Haiku Salut, Alessi's Ark, Alice Hubble

peppermill 15 Jan 2021

Somewhat embarrassingly Travis, after a friend offered me a ticket at the last minute at the Hydro.

They were actually pretty good!

I'm going to have check some of these acts out....

In reply to peppermill:

> Somewhat embarrassingly Travis, after a friend offered me a ticket at the last minute at the Hydro.

> They were actually pretty good!

Good or not, that is indeed embarrassing! I saw them on some Scottish breakfast TV thing years ago and Fran looked embarrassed that they were still operating as Travis! 

Jamie Wakeham 15 Jan 2021

Alice Cooper, supported by the Stranglers.  One hell of a night.

Graeme G 15 Jan 2021

Hipsway in Inverness. Two things stood out.

1. Hearing Long White Car live was everything I had hoped it would be.

2. When I saw the rest of the audience I had a dawning realisation of how old I am.

Post edited at 13:50
 Timmd 15 Jan 2021

Have seen local bands which have faded from memory, the last band I can remember the name of was The Prodigy in December 2017. They were excellent and also damaged my hearing. At least they were excellent. 

Post edited at 13:42
 Fredt 15 Jan 2021

David Byrne's American Utopia at the Hudson Theatre, Broadway, December 2019. An incredible experience.

Andy Clarke 15 Jan 2021

Last live music was Puccini's Madame Butterfly, back in February of last year. Cancelled concerts included Ashley McBryde (rescheduled for May this year, but I'm not hopeful), John Prine (died, sadly) and Jeff Beck (rescheduled for 2022).

rockcatch 15 Jan 2021

The Sherlocks at the Invisible Wind Factory in Liverpool. I’m also due to see them again in April this year, although I’m expecting it to be pushed back. 

Alkis 15 Jan 2021

Devin Townsend @ Rock City, Nottingham, in December 2019. Devin always put up quite a show but this one was quite special even for his standards, with a large all star crew performing his music without the backing tracks he normally requires to keep staffing down.

Primal Scream doing Chaosmosis in Manchester 2016, very good!

In reply to Timmd:

Saw them sometime in the 90's in Reading, I think. Had two slipped discs at the time, it was a painful event!

Le Sapeur 15 Jan 2021

Ned Kelly's house band. 

They were also one of the very first bands I saw live.

In reply to Phantom Disliker:

Loaded...brings back memories..👍....

two_tapirs 15 Jan 2021

Dimmu Borgir at the Kentish Town Forum.  They were lousy and we left very early.  

cb294 15 Jan 2021

Bach's Christmas oratory, Dec 2019

St. Matthew's Passion in March was my concert to be cancelled, together with my opera subscription tickets.

I also had finally managed to get tickets for The Dead South who I had missed on their previous tours because the venues were sold out, but that has been postponed for the 2nd time already.

CB

Doug 15 Jan 2021

Think it was Les Poissons Voyageurs but it all seems so long ago

Carless 15 Jan 2021

Probably The Specials - was excellent just like when I last saw them 40 years ago

In reply to cb294:

The Dead South...funny...In Hell I'll be Good Company..on my playlist.

Watched a concert of theirs on YouTube last night..Boston,I think..👍...

Post edited at 14:30
 wercat 15 Jan 2021

Tidelines a couple of years ago.

peppermill 15 Jan 2021
In reply to Blue Straggler:

> Good or not, that is indeed embarrassing! I saw them on some Scottish breakfast TV thing years ago and Fran looked embarrassed that they were still operating as Travis! 

That's it BS, you just say what you think ;p

On second thoughts, I've lost track of time. The last live acts I saw were Skerryvore and Elbow amongst others when I was working at Belladrum 2019.

Skerryvore were great live as usual, Elbow were beyond "Meh" and so disappointing that if I wasn't paid to stand there I'd have disappeared to the bar, until they did their two famous songs and brought the house down

Nic Barber 15 Jan 2021

Frank Turner solo show at Middlesbrough Empire on the 10th March.

Had tickets for The Cat Empire a week later but that was cancelled. As was Warmduscher in June.

The first lot of gig tickets I'd had in quite a while.

In reply to wercat:

Another Scottish band I hadn't come across..

Hipsway being the other.

marsbar 15 Jan 2021

I think it was Madness at House of Common. 

A hot hot summer day, so many happy people, such a lovely atmosphere.

Sherlock 15 Jan 2021

Lulu, Inverness Eden Court, must have been 2019. Birthday treat from Mrs. Sherlock.

I've had a crush on her for 52 years....

GrahamD 15 Jan 2021

Australian Pink Floyd.  What an outstanding covers band, and big enough to have plenty of top effects as well.  The original Pink Floyd Animals era inflatable pig is replaced, not surprisingly, by an equally ridiculous inflatable kangaroo.

Tony Buckley 15 Jan 2021

Talisk, December 2019.  Splendid stuff it was too.

Live music, like holidays away, seems very distant just now.

T.

Anti-faff 15 Jan 2021

DubFX at the end of February last year. Good gig but feels like a lifetime ago now. 

aln 15 Jan 2021

Black Cat Revue in a Glasgow basement, the weekend before the 1st lockdown, excellent. Had tickets for The Flaming Lips at the Invisible Wind Factory in Liverpool last June. After it was cancelled they rescheduled for this June, but we haven't bought tickets yet. 

Greenbanks 15 Jan 2021

The National, Nottingham Motorpoint, 10 December 2019.

Excellent!

Stevie A 15 Jan 2021

Courteeners last Xmas. Supposed to be seeing Teenage Fanclub in April (no chance), and Pearl Jam, in Poland, in July (marginal, I guess). Missing live shows a lot!

Post edited at 15:46
 afx22 15 Jan 2021

I saw Ladytron back in late Feb or early March, in Manchester, just before lockdown 1.

I’d been wanting to see them for many years and they were superb.  

The support bands were all brilliant too - Steeling Sheep were ace and I’ve never seen anyone enjoy being on stage so much.  Dave Haslam (Hacienda DJ legend) warmed up on the decks and there was another band (who’s name I can’t remember), who were also pretty good.

I was nervous about what was about to happen with COVID but I’m so glad I went.  It was one of my favourite ever gigs.

Doves at the galvanisers, Glasgow ,summer 2019 ,seems a long long time ago .

Flinticus 15 Jan 2021

King Creosote - From Scotland With Love, 12 March

Teeth of the Sea - 8 Feb

Had tickets for Pigs x 7 on 25 April, which was rescheduled to...December! And now? Who knows when.

J1234 15 Jan 2021

An Elvis Tribute act, late November 2020, no idea how that was allowed, but it was, and we really enjoyed it. You texted the bar and they brought your drinks.

He was pretty good, but was a bit desperate trying to punt his DVDs. It cannot be much fun during lockdown, in Bacup, with 1000s of DVDs sat looking at you, with no hope of selling them for the foreseeable.

stevieb 15 Jan 2021

Stevie Wonder in Dublin, summer 2019 with my daughters. 
Ive got tickets for De La Soul in April, but I’m not optimistic

Post edited at 16:45
In reply to afx22:

I had a Stealing Sheep gig pencilled in for some time in 2020!

In reply to Greenbanks:

> The National, Nottingham Motorpoint, 10 December 2019.

> Excellent!

Was that with Jenny Lewis supporting, and did you see her, and did you like her? 

slight tangent, maybe I am being too cynical but when I see artists I like offering future tour dates I am automatically "ignoring" them! 

Sealwife 15 Jan 2021

Shooglenifty at the Sound Archive in Kirkwall last Feb.  Was a great night, packed out, all ages, dancing, drinking and enjoying themselves.  Almost didn’t go because it was a really horrible night weather wise. 

So glad I did - had no time idea at the time that it would be the last opportunity for a night like that for a very long time.

nawface 15 Jan 2021
In reply to Shaun mcmurrough

God knows.  Years ago since I saw a band.

Last live music was Aphex Twin end of 2019.  Looking forwards to getting out again.  I imagine the atmosphere will be electric after all this  

Stichtplate 15 Jan 2021
In reply to Greenbanks:

> The National, Nottingham Motorpoint, 10 December 2019.

> Excellent!

I saw them on the same tour at Manchester's Castlefield Bowl, brilliant gig and a great venue. I've seen a few bands there and it's the only outdoor venue I've been to with decent acoustics plus it manages to feel both intimate for the size and atmospheric with it's post industrial Victorian backdrop.

kwoods 15 Jan 2021

Possibly Download Festival last summer. Slipknot & Tool headlining, first time seeing both.

Among others.

Bit of a lifetime goals thing there. Glad I went when I did!

Rakim 15 Jan 2021

Napalm death with eyehategod in Leeds.

the last live song I saw was napalm death playing “white crosses” by sonic youth.
It was phenomenal 

god I miss gigs

birdie num num 15 Jan 2021

Pokey Lafarge at the Kazimir (now gone) in Liverpool 

It's been a while. Think it was Wilko Johnson on his "farewell tour".

65 15 Jan 2021

The The, Troxy, London, 2018. I need to get out more.

J101 15 Jan 2021

I've just bought my first tickets since Covid started, Holy Fawn in London in December of this year. Hopefully it'll go ahead, if not it was only £15 for the ticket so worth the punt.

Still got tickets for 2 festivals this summer rolled over from 2020 but who knows if that will happen. I suspect if they get cancelled again the organisers may fold and I'll lose the money. I badly want both to still keep going for many years so I kept the tickets.

Also have tickets for a few rearranged gigs from last year for October 2021.

J101 15 Jan 2021

Saw Pijn at the Black Heart in Camden before Covid. Belter of a gig so at least it's a good memory to carry me through until we can do it again.

Graeme G 15 Jan 2021

> Another Scottish band I hadn't come across..

> Hipsway being the other.

Can I introduce you to Love and Money. Same timeframe. Just marvellous.

youtube.com/watch?v=6vnukxmZXE8&

Martgib 15 Jan 2021

Slayerrrrr

jdh90 15 Jan 2021

The Skints at Gorilla.

...but I was there for the support act really, Bedouin Soundclash.  They had been my favourite through my late teens, disappeared for a bit, but were releasing a new album.  The first time I saw them it was the same lineup but BS headlined.  Went with a friend who had been at that first gig, almost ten years earlier, great night of music, beers and reminiscing.

Couple of months later I got tickets for their own tour, which was postponed to Covid, and has now just been cancelled hopefully they'll be back over here in the near future and I'll get to see them again.

Great feel good tunes.

The Skints were fun too.

Cobra_Head 15 Jan 2021

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band

toad 15 Jan 2021
In reply to Cobra_Head:

Bloody hell! Ipod is currently playing faith healer!!

Oh, and Alter Bridge in answer to the op, or possibly Kate Rusby

climbingpixie 15 Jan 2021

Explosions in the Sky at the Albert Hall in Manchester last Valentine's Day. They were absolutely tremendous - not a bad last gig to have before a 12 (at least) month live music drought. Should've seen Nick Cave in April last year but obviously that never happened, it was delayed 12 months to this year and now it's been cancelled

hokkyokusei 15 Jan 2021

Last live music of any kind, was a string quartet in Vienna, Xmas 2019. 

The last 'band' Chemical Brothers, October 2019.

mary 15 Jan 2021

Bob Marley back in the 70's. 

Cobra_Head 15 Jan 2021
In reply to toad:

> Bloody hell! Ipod is currently playing faith healer!!

Well done sir. Listened to Delilah today which is probably where the thought came from.

Greenbanks 16 Jan 2021

Yes - she was impressive and fitted the gig well. 

Bulls Crack 16 Jan 2021

Mountain Goats at the Brudnell Social Club Leeds - another great goats gig

Paul Evans 16 Jan 2021

Steely Dan, feb 2019. Stevie Winwood was support and although the Dan were very good, Winwood was even better.

Tobes 16 Jan 2021

Ride - who were brilliant and f**king LOUD! 
Supported by the Soft Cavalry (Rachel of Slowdive et al and her husband) who were really good 

have tickets for Thom Yorke later this year in Glasgow - will see what happens with that one.....

MrTumnus 16 Jan 2021

Machinehead, Brixton academy, end of 2019. Quality band at a great venue.

Had three gigs cancelled last year that I was really looking forward to: Hayseed Dixie, MH (again) and HedPE. Gutted about the last one as don't know if they'll rebook and I've never come across them in the UK before, let alone in the SW

nastyned 16 Jan 2021

Went to a punk festival in Woking shortly before the plague struck. I was mainly there for The Subhumans, who were great, but I think the last band I saw were Chelsea, who weren't. 

Blue Straggler 16 Jan 2021
In reply to Greenbanks:

> Yes - she was impressive and fitted the gig well. 

great. I am quite a fan of Jenny but I was out of the country for that one (no bother, I’ve seen her plenty) 

Andy Farnell 16 Jan 2021
In reply to Alkis:

> Devin Townsend @ Rock City, Nottingham, in December 2019. Devin always put up quite a show but this one was quite special even for his standards, with a large all star crew performing his music without the backing tracks he normally requires to keep staffing down.

I saw the Manchester gig. Really very special. 

Andy F

Alkis 16 Jan 2021
In reply to Andy Farnell:

I can't think of anyone else in the industry that can make a venue full of metal heads to do jazz hands. 😆

SkirtingBoard 16 Jan 2021

Thank You Scientist in a small basement venue in Plymouth, late Feb 2020. How I miss gigs. 

elsewhere 16 Jan 2021

Something at Celtic Connections Festival in 2020. Felt incredibly sad watching online in 2021.

Timmd 16 Jan 2021
In reply to Phantom Disliker:

That does sound painful, it was a bit of a life's dream to dance to Breath, Voodoo People, and Firestarter being played live, so that was very cool. I missed the encore, because my friend who was driving wanted to leave before the rush, meaning I missed Their Law, but in the grand scheme of things I was lucky to experience some favourites being played live.

Post edited at 16:10
In reply to Timmd:

The Prodigy are excellent and still release the occasional belter. Although I've not heard anything since Keith passed away, although I read somewhere they were recording again.

kwoods 16 Jan 2021
In reply to elsewhere:

Watched the inaugural show last night, thought it was good! Probably past feeling sad about these things now. And although I think it's only the case in the intro show, it was great to see one song from each artist and get the actual variety of CC shows. I tend just to buy tickets for the stuff I like, but 90 minutes passed very quickly and that, at least, was a big plus from the 2021 format.

Andy Farnell 16 Jan 2021
In reply to Alkis:

Devin is truly, wonderfully bonkers. Why he's not better known is a mystery.

Andy F

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...