UKC

Leave Campaigner abuses quarantine rules.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Andy Wigmore,Leave campaigner,owns up to 'running'away from Swiss ski resorts.

Welcome to his world.

Post edited at 21:58
In reply to Shaun mcmurrough:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/28/dozen-br...

I wasn't even aware it was possible to travel to Switzerland to go skiing...

Cobra_Head 29 Dec 2020

Reckon he's only one of many

In reply to Cobra_Head:

One of 408, according to reports (only 12/420 are quarantining)...

> Andy Wigmore,Leave campaigner,owns up to 'running'away from Swiss ski resorts.

A lot of people on Twitter were helpful enough to copy his post about breaking Covid quarantine to the Swiss Federal police.

I hope the Swiss chuck the book at him.

S Ramsay 29 Dec 2020

By most accounts the authorities in Verbier encouraged British people to leave giving them 24 hours to do so and why would the Swiss want potentially infectious people hanging around any longer than absolutely necessary? 

In reply to S Ramsay:

It would appear there was a 'way to leave' properly and not everyone did this.

I'd be tempted to charge these people an administration cost and further follow up by our Covid Wardens in this country....😉

wercat 29 Dec 2020
In reply to Cobra_Head:

If the Press is worth anything they will all be discovered and Named and Shamed.  Scum.

I see he boasts a house in Wengen - could this not be advertised widely in the climbing press as a doss house to any climbers wanting free accommodation in the season?

"let the Punishment fit the Crime" etc.  It's just what you'd expect of the shites who arranged Brexit for their own purposes

Post edited at 10:12
 deepsoup 29 Dec 2020
In reply to captain paranoia:

> I wasn't even aware it was possible to travel to Switzerland to go skiing...

You don't read the Telegraph then.

Here's a fine piece of responsible journalism from just under a fortnight ago:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/advice/how-can-i-go-skiing-this-covi...

In reply to Cobra_Head:

You are right..I was wrong to angle it this way,however after his 'smarmy' appearance on a select Committee and the faking of a Belize diplomat it all fits together.

Post edited at 10:33
 neilh 29 Dec 2020

I am sure the Swiss will be very thorough at fining him for the breach of rules next time he stays in the country. 

These things have a habit  of catching you out later.

Offwidth 29 Dec 2020
In reply to neilh:

I'm not convinced... what do fines mean to such rich cnuts? A badge of honour for fighting  for individual liberty maybe??

At least the feckless poor won't get the blame this time (unless the Swiss have some special scheme to help disadvantaged Brits ski, that I'd missed).

Post edited at 16:48
 neilh 29 Dec 2020
In reply to Offwidth:

Along with all the others I suspect he might be in for a bit of shock if its a criminal offence there. 

Offwidth 29 Dec 2020
In reply to neilh:

The swiss have been protecting (and even facilitating) the criminal behaviour of the rich throughout modern times. I look forward to a change but won't have any keen sense of anticipation.

Post edited at 17:01
In reply to Offwidth:

I've skied in Verbier.. one of the cheapest places I've been.Stayed at the bunker...meals in the Sports Centre,cheap drinks.

Arm wrestled Lawrence Diagallo in a nightclub,pissed.

You have to laugh at the poshuns...it's the best resort in the world and they never go off piste.

FactorXXX 29 Dec 2020
In reply to Offwidth:

> At least the feckless poor won't get the blame this time (unless the Swiss have some special scheme to help disadvantaged Brits ski, that I'd missed).

Don't worry, the poor have all gone to conquer Pen y Fan:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55474533

Offwidth 29 Dec 2020
In reply to FactorXXX:

Sounds more like middle class know betters.

wercat 29 Dec 2020
In reply to FactorXXX:

it was unbelievable round Ullswater on christmas morning, more camper vans than you see some days in  summer

In reply to wercat:

All vloggers on You Tube.

fred99 29 Dec 2020
In reply to wercat:

> If the Press is worth anything they will all be discovered and Named and Shamed.  Scum.

> I see he boasts a house in Wengen - could this not be advertised widely in the climbing press as a doss house to any climbers wanting free accommodation in the season?

The fact that such a Leaver (amongst many others) has property in Europe just underlines the two-faced nature of these b*st*rds.

Edited having been informed where Wengen is by Shaun. Thanks, my geographical knowledge of Switzerland evidently needs improving.

Post edited at 19:04
In reply to fred99:

Your are almost there..but the Swiss have stricter rules than the EU.

He's just made it clearer.. having money gives you 'freedom of movement' not for you or me.

Post edited at 18:52
In reply to fred99:

Ha..worth a thumbs up...

timjones 29 Dec 2020
In reply to Offwidth:

Have you never been on Pen y Fan on a snow day during Christmas week

FactorXXX 29 Dec 2020
In reply to Offwidth:

> Sounds more like middle class know betters.

Is that because the poor can't afford cars and they're all doing working class things like stealing coal as opposed to taking part in activities that are obviously above their station?

In reply to FactorXXX:

By definition the 'poor' can't afford to book in a Hotel in Verbier and ski.

Someone once said to me 'you'll never do that '...👍I'm eternally grateful.

Post edited at 20:40
 Trangia 30 Dec 2020

It seems that the authorities in Verbier failed miserably to organise and control social distancing in ski lift queues https://planetski.eu/2020/12/06/huge-queues-for-verbier-lift/

So Brits running away from quarantine is only part of the story. The Swiss criticising the Brits for their behaviour is looking more and more like a a case of a pot calling the kettle black. 

It's all motivated by a mixture of money, greed and selfishness on both sides. Why were the Brits ignoring advice and rules not to travel!? Apparently the Swiss are fining those who fled SF 10,000 (Approximately £9,000) each. Serves them right, but I don't know how they will enforce the fines? I suppose non payment would result in a future ban on entering the country? Or even blacklisting them from ski resorts in other countries?

In reply to Trangia:

I agree,seems to be a level of naivety on all sides,however it would be nice to see at least a degree of 'personnel responsibility' taken.

Post edited at 11:55
 stp 30 Dec 2020

I could see that if you walk out of your hotel, get straight in your car and drive back with only your family you've shared a room with you could minimize risks to a pretty high degree, particularly if you get tested / self-isolate when you get back home.

Obviously if someone is flying back then that's pretty irresponsible.

French Erick 30 Dec 2020
In reply to stp:

> Obviously if someone is flying back then that's pretty irresponsible.

pretty irresponsible or petty entitlement?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...