UKC

Let's drop Boris.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rog Wilko 27 May 2020

Why should Johnson have the privilege which I can't remember being extended  to other PMs apart from Thatcher  of being almost universally referred to by his chosen forename ?I'm not even sure if Thatcher wanted to be called Maggie.

Throughout his time of pretending to be a serious politician, even statesman (!!!) he has encouraged all and sundry to refer to him as Boris. If you didn't know what he is like you might think he was a bit cuddly and avuncular, and you might subconsciously think of him as being almost your mate. It's my personal opinion (based upon absolutely nothing) that this has a lot do with the way so many people are prepared to write off his manifest and multitudinous failings as mere amusing foibles. 

For about a year now I have only referred to him as Johnson. Who'll join me in boycotting Boris?

dread-i 27 May 2020
In reply to Rog Wilko:

We cant drop the Boris part; a 'Johnson' is slang for penis.

ohh, wait...

Neil Williams 27 May 2020
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I thought this was going to be a more climbing-related thread, i.e. if we were belaying Boris, on which route would we like to unclip, wander off and have a cup of tea and a piece of cake while he flounders around?

mondite 27 May 2020
In reply to Rog Wilko:

> Why should Johnson have the privilege which I can't remember being extended  to other PMs apart from Thatcher  of being almost universally referred to by his chosen forename ?

More to the point it is suggested that isnt even his chosen forename for his friends and family (well maybe not some of his kids). He is only Boris for the plebs for anyone he cares about its Alexander.

I generally go with Johnson though.

gavmac 27 May 2020
In reply to Neil Williams:

Something on the sea cliffs in Lewis, with a massive swell and a classically awful Hebridean day. Something tells me he would probably enjoy the water sports though... so, maybe on a still day on a grotty crag where the midges & clegs are ferocious.

Post edited at 14:52
 colinakmc 27 May 2020
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I agree, he spent years cultivating the cuddly, lovable rogue Boris image through newspaper columns and HIGNFY appearances when in face he’s self seeking, calculating and completely without scruples. Johnston suits him much better and like the OP I’ve made an effort not to refer to him as Boris.

Mr Fuller 27 May 2020
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I try to refer to him as BJ, and have enjoyed holding placards stating 'BJ can suck it'.

Domonic's coming 27 May 2020
In reply to Mr Fuller:

I call him Borisey Worisey and tickle his little tummy every morning.

toad 27 May 2020
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I've been trying really hard with Johnson. Even people that loathe him still call him Boris. 

AND IT'S NOT EVEN HIS PROPER FIRST NAME

jkarran 27 May 2020
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I've referred to him as Johnson for as long as I can remember, he's not a clown, he's a dangerous self interested grifter. Also a dick. 

Jk

Neil Williams 27 May 2020
In reply to jkarran:

I've tended towards "Bozza" and "Bojo", which I'm using in a slightly perjorative way in that if I had any respect for him I wouldn't be using terms like those.  A bit more like "Oh, look, Bozza down 'Spoons has gone and got in a fight again, hope he doesn't catch coronavirus in A&E".

jkarran 27 May 2020

> I thought this was going to be a more climbing-related thread, i.e. if we were belaying Boris, on which route would we like to unclip, wander off and have a cup of tea and a piece of cake while he flounders around?

I have to admit my first thought was 'like a Spanish donkey!'. 

It seems his failed moral compass is as contagious as the covid

Jk

Baron Weasel 27 May 2020
In reply to toad:

> AND IT'S NOT EVEN HIS PROPER FIRST NAME

I was told that his friends call him Alex in private, Boris is just a persona. 

a crap climber 27 May 2020
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I try to call him Alexander de Pfeffel when referring to him in conversation with anyone who doesn't already loathe him

OP Rog Wilko 27 May 2020
In reply to mondite:

I understand to his family it's Al.

Pete Pozman 27 May 2020

> I thought this was going to be a more climbing-related thread, i.e. if we were belaying Boris, on which route would we like to unclip, wander off and have a cup of tea and a piece of cake while he flounders around?

>

"The Snivelling Shits" 

Post edited at 16:47
 Jon Stewart 27 May 2020

I thought it was going to be, onto what shall we drop Johnson, and from what height? No doubt my suggestions would get me banned from UKC. 

DerwentDiluted 27 May 2020
In reply to Rog Wilko:

There's a statistically significant demographic that just call him 'Dad'.

Swirly 28 May 2020
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

Yeah but he doesn't answer them.

J1234 28 May 2020
In reply to Rog Wilko:

>

>  Who'll join me in boycotting Boris?

I would guess most of the people in your social bubble will, outside they will just carry on calling him Boris.

Personally I think all Prime Ministers should be referred to formally as eg, Mr Blair, Mrs Thatcher etc, as loathe or love them, people should respect the office, even if sadly the incumbents sometimes appear not to. 

Post edited at 09:25
 Pete Pozman 28 May 2020
In reply to J1234:

> > 

> >  Who'll join me in boycotting Boris?

> I would guess most of the people in your social bubble will, outside they will just carry on calling him Boris.

> Personally I think all Prime Ministers should be referred to formally as eg, Mr Blair, Mrs Thatcher etc, as loathe or love them, people should respect the office, even if sadly the incumbents sometimes appear not to. 

Like in America where they have a quasi-mystical reverence for "Mr President" even when one of those bags of dog scheit hanging from a twig deserves more. 

aln 29 May 2020
In reply to Rog Wilko:

That cu*nt Johnson, that f*cking prick Johnson, that fanny Johnson, all the usual genitalia related epithets, that wanker Johnson, that f*cking f*cking f*cking arse hole c+nty f*cking slimy shitbag f*cking arse f*cking aaaaaarrrggghhhh f*cking bastard ing f*cking bastard f*cking Johnson dickhead

profitofdoom 29 May 2020
In reply to aln:

> That cu*nt Johnson, that f*cking prick Johnson, that fanny Johnson, all the usual genitalia related epithets, that wanker Johnson, that f*cking f*cking f*cking arse hole c+nty f*cking slimy shitbag f*cking arse f*cking aaaaaarrrggghhhh f*cking bastard ing f*cking bastard f*cking Johnson dickhead

You're making me think you're a little bit upset

Good post by the way

Kimono 29 May 2020
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Can someone please explain to me how his popularity ratings are so high (well, pre-cummings debacle anyway) when he has overseen the UK becoming unarguably one of the worst-hit countries in the world by the pandemic?
I just don't get it....

The UK has become (even more of) a laughing stock around the world as a result....certainly so where I now live in SE Asia

J1234 29 May 2020
In reply to Kimono:

Possibly people are thinking that Boris is a git, however it could have been Jeremy Corbyn, and that anybody even Boris, is better than Corbyn in a crisis.
Also people like someone to take charge and make decisions, it means they can absolve themselves of personal responsibility, then when things go pear shaped, they have someone to blame, always forgetting they voted him in, in the first place. Sadly its the way in the UK today, I suspect we caught that virus from the USA.

J1234 29 May 2020
In reply to Pete Pozman:

> Like in America where they have a quasi-mystical reverence for "Mr President" even when one of those bags of dog scheit hanging from a twig deserves more. 

Yes like in America, because hopefully democracy will still be there when very few can remember Trump, unless you can suggest a better system of course.

Pete Pozman 29 May 2020
In reply to Kimono:

> Can someone please explain to me how his popularity ratings are so high (well, pre-cummings debacle anyway) when he has overseen the UK becoming unarguably one of the worst-hit countries in the world by the pandemic?

> I just don't get it....

> The UK has become (even more of) a laughing stock around the world as a result....certainly so where I now live in SE Asia

They all thought he was harmless. No one realised he could be a murderer. Just like I would be if I claimed to be qualified to drive a JCB then crashed it into a crowded shopfront.

Everybody knew he was a liar, because he's not very good at it. But they thought it didn't really matter. Now they're beginning to understand the consequences of putting an unqualified person in charge of the country. 

jethro kiernan 29 May 2020
In reply to Pete Pozman:

>

> Everybody knew he was a liar, because he's not very good at it. But they thought it didn't really matter. Now they're beginning to understand the consequences of putting an unqualified person in charge of the country. 

I think the point is they're not realising it, the pitch forks would be out by now, we have stumbled at every step, some times because of long term austerity, sometimes because of idealogical dogma especially over private contracts, but the main reason is pi@s poor leadership and a unwillingness to delegate regionally. International we have shown ourselves to be inflexible and flat on our feet, test and trace looks like falling flat on its face partly because of the  governments response to the Cummings and goings. Whilst the numbers will all have to be adjusted and tweaked to get the true picture once the dust settles there is no hiding the fact our numbers are really really bad despite our head start with timing and our status as an island.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...