UKC

Little buy Lidl

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Heads up for info.

Lidl have bike stuff in at the moment. Picked up a handlebar bag reduced for 7.99.

7litre and waterproof .

TWS

In reply to Chive Talkin\':

The article in question. 

A steal at 7.99 , even at 9.99 which it was marked up at.  

Now my bike packing set up is complete.  

I can feel the happiness swelling in me now.

Bacon Butty 25 Aug 2020

Nice.

You need a bell. So do I since smashing it to smithereens after going arse over tit the other day 😄

La benya 25 Aug 2020

You got me excited! However I think you got lucky.  Their cycling stuff seems to have been from march and isn't available online/ most stores other than the odd bit.

Cracking looking bag though, very jealous.

In reply to La benya:

> You got me excited! However I think you got lucky.  Their cycling stuff seems to have been from march and isn't available online/ most stores other than the odd bit.

> Cracking looking bag though, very jealous.

Ah .  I'm a regular and hadn't seen stuff till today in mine.  They had lots of heated seats a few bags and stands left .

Maybe someone might get lucky.

Post edited at 14:25

I managed to get the frame bag, seat bag and handlebar bag for 30 quid when it first came round, as well as a pair of 15ltr waterproof roll top panniers for £twenty. 

I love the middle of Lidl. 

> The article in question. 

> A steal at 7.99 , even at 9.99 which it was marked up at.  

> Now my bike packing set up is complete.  

> I can feel the happiness swelling in me now.

That looks great. Shows how much of a mark up the dedicated bike packing bag companies are making (even if they do use better materials/built quality).

ThunderCat 25 Aug 2020

> The article in question. 

My brain initially saw that as other way round...I thought it was actually sitting between you and the handlebars rather than in front of them...thought "that's got to be a massive pain, and must get in the way of your legs", followed by "hold on, his brakes are back to front"

Then I visually un-jumbled it and saw it correctly...

Just a side note...if you ever did consider that long ride I mentioned a few weeks ago then this would put you in the "most advanced piece of kit in the group" position

JimR 25 Aug 2020
In reply to ThunderCat:

I got a saddle bag from them, lasted one ride then disintegrated 

In reply to ThunderCat:

> My brain initially saw that as other way round...I thought it was actually sitting between you and the handlebars rather than in front of them...thought "that's got to be a massive pain, and must get in the way of your legs", followed by "hold on, his brakes are back to front"

> Then I visually un-jumbled it and saw it correctly...

> Just a side note...if you ever did consider that long ride I mentioned a few weeks ago then this would put you in the "most advanced piece of kit in the group" position

Yeah I've not forgotten about that 😀.

ThunderCat 25 Aug 2020

Well it's smashing down here, so I'm going to nip out on the bike for a couple of hours.  May as well get acclimatised....

Blue Straggler 25 Aug 2020
In reply to La benya:

I saw all the new bike stuff in my local Lidl yesterday . I think they got the stock in on Sunday. Expect similar nationwide

Dan Arkle 25 Aug 2020
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Nothing in Sheffield meersbrook Lidl

Lots of cheap power tools 

Bradbury 25 Aug 2020

Do you mind me asking which Lidl it was?

In reply to Bradbury:

Derby centre this was at.  There was only a few bags left though there.  Normanton end of town next to my gym.

Post edited at 20:17
 La benya 25 Aug 2020

Interesting! Thanks. Will pop down tomorrow lunch and have a look. 

Blue Straggler 26 Aug 2020
In reply to La benya:

Did you find one?

Bradbury 26 Aug 2020

Found a saddlebag there today. Thanks for the tip

La benya 26 Aug 2020

Nothing in the local one unfortunately. 

Blue Straggler 26 Aug 2020
In reply to La benya:

Did they have evidence of having had them and sold out? If you are really keen I’ll see if there is one in my local but by the time you add on approx £3.30 postage it probably isn’t worth it for you but let me know ! TBH I think there might have been only one left in mine on Monday! 

La benya 27 Aug 2020

That's really kind thank you, but I can live without. There was a big empty section so ill check back today or tomorrow.

malk 27 Aug 2020
In reply to JimR:

> I got a saddle bag from them, lasted one ride then disintegrated 

how did you manage that? the crivit one i've just bought has a 3 year warranty.

thanks for tip WS (tho no barbags left at local branch;(

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...