UKC

Loch Arkaig osprey nestcam

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Johnson 20 Apr 2021

If you were watching this last year during lockdown#1 then this is just a heads-up that it's live again at https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/trees-woods-and-wildlife/osprey-cam/

Not much action at the moment but the comments indicate that at least one of the ospreys has been periodically visiting the nest.

Tringa 21 Apr 2021
In reply to Andy Johnson:

I watched it last year and started this year a little before Louis(last year's male) arrived. He had done a great job refurbishing the nest. However, Aila(last year's female) has not arrived yet and is a bit overdue.

The wind in the Channel is still not that useful for a bird flying north so perhaps she will turn up.

It looks as if Louis might have paired with another female, but on one of the other platforms. If that is correct, then unfortunately we won't get any webcam footage, unless another pair take up the webcam nest.

Dave

henwardian 21 Apr 2021

I always think it's a shame that the endangered bird everyone is so psyched about is also do damned ugly. I mean it is literally 1 step above a condor in the looks dept. I would be so much more on board if it was a drop dead sexy species like the Golden Eagle.

Harry Jarvis 21 Apr 2021

Similarly, the Loch of the Lowes osprey webcam is up and running, and unlike last year, the ospreys are actually using this nest. Last year the mating pair decided to use a different nest location, so  webcam viewing was a bit uneventful. 

https://scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/things-to-do/watch-wildlife-online/loc...

There are three eggs being incubated, so fingers are crossed for some chicks in due course. 

Matt Podd 21 Apr 2021

A few Osprey nestcams operating in Wales. Dyfi is the big one, but I'm watching the Clywedog one - search on youtube for them. Visited this week and the pair have two eggs so far with the possibility of more. They are beautiful birds and it's great to see them back in Wales. There are about 6 nests there now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...