UKC

Log Delivery South Lakes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 plyometrics 15 Sep 2022

Normally use Cosy Logs for our wood delivery, but they’re now charging £135 for a dumpy bag. They’ve always been a bit pricey, and I know there’s a cost of living crisis, but £135 just seem a bit OTT.

Whilst I know there are cheaper suppliers out there, wondered if anyone had first hand experience of alternative and reliable companies in the Kendal area that do decent quality logs a bit cheaper.

Thanak in advance. 

Pedro50 15 Sep 2022
In reply to plyometrics:

In the North East mine have just gone up from £95 to £109, so that does sound pricey. Don't delay shortages are predicted.

OP plyometrics 15 Sep 2022
In reply to Pedro50:

Thanks for that. Good to know it’s not just me that thinks it’s a bit steep. Defo keen to stock up asap for winter. 

Ridge 15 Sep 2022
In reply to plyometrics:

What type of wood?

Here in West Cumbria softwood is £85 a dumpy bag, £105 mixed hardwood, £120 birch. Slight discount for buying 2 or multiples of (all kiln dried).

Post edited at 18:44
 mike123 15 Sep 2022
In reply to plyometrics: try putting your postcode in to see how much these chaps are , it’s not far from us and several neighbours use them . Not sure how spendy to south lakes .

https://www.newhallfirewood.co.uk

Post edited at 18:48
In reply to mike123:

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, our postcode appears to make dumpy bags £160! Appreciate the link though. 

In reply to Ridge:

It’s mixed hardwood, kiln dried, so not a million miles from what you’re paying. 

felt 15 Sep 2022
In reply to plyometrics:

T.J. Ewbank of Appleby. £92 for a dumpy bag of air-dried ash/oak delivered to Kendal last month (prices have gone up a few quid this month). Friday deliveries to Kendal, phone them on a Monday. I've tried Cosy Logs and J.J. Coupland (Staveley), and Ewbank is miles better than both. Local stove shop recommended them.

https://tjewbanklogs.co.uk/   

In reply to plyometrics:

http://www.witherslackwoodlands.co.uk/firewood
We have used this chap for a few years now.  Good quality firewood.
Choice of hard/soft/mixed wood

Kiln or air dried.

He can charge for delivery, depending how far away you are.

Edited for typo.

Post edited at 20:02
 felt 15 Sep 2022
In reply to Ghastly Rubberfeet:

I've often wondered about that place, as you can peer down on it from the road on a bike. Looks appealing, old school woodyard, like you might find in the Appalachians or the Balkans.

In reply to felt:

Fantastic. Looks just the job. Much appreciated. 

Rog Wilko 16 Sep 2022
In reply to plyometrics:

We’ve used Witherslack Woodlands for several years. Otherwise, have once or twice used Cozy logs at Ings, but they seem quite a lot more costly. Also, I have doubts about using a kiln to dry firewood - doesn’t seem very green. However, WW’s prices have, not surprisingly, rocketed, and their delivery charge also seems to have gone up a lot. We get a delivery from them in their tipper Land Rover, so a bit hard to be sure how much that is, but it’s  gone up to over 200 smackers (for hardwood). Probably less than the increase in gas and electricity, though. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...