UKC

Lying B******s

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 28 Aug 2019

I've been trying to keep count of the number of tories I've seen on BBC tonight telling us this prorogation is just about honing a Queens speech is perfectly understandable. I think it's five so far.

Gove was particularly unconvincing.

Robert Durran 28 Aug 2019
In reply to Removed User:

> I've been trying to keep count of the number of tories I've seen on BBC tonight telling us this prorogation is just about honing a Queens speech is perfectly understandable. I think it's five so far.

> Gove was particularly unconvincing.

Yes, they know they're lying.  Some of them are not natural lying bastards like Johnson and look a bit uneasy - I wonder whether they're going to be able to keep it.

There's scarcely been b******s on this scale before, has there? Incredible that it's happening in my own (once reasonable, wise) country. Propaganda just spewing out of the (once great) Beeb like bilge.

Post edited at 23:22
 Robert Durran 29 Aug 2019
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

> Propaganda just spewing out of the (once great) Beeb like bilge.

What makes you say that? Given that the BBC seem to be taking the line, perfectly reasonably, that it is simply assumed he is being dishonest about his reasons for prorogation, I'm surprised it's not leavers who are complaining (actually they probably are elsewhere!). The BBC is, as usual, doing a superb job in my opinion - one of the remaining great things about this country.

Removed User 29 Aug 2019

Peter Bone going full cnut on Newsnight. He didn’t even really make an effort to convince, purely going through the motions.

Billhook 29 Aug 2019

What a surprise then.  Politicians lying?  The kettle even calls the pot black.  I heard  the opposition leader moan about the 'will of the people' and how this defeats democracy........ and this from the man who keeps objecting to leaving the EU and objecting to everything the tories do!.

Doug 29 Aug 2019

didn't see any UK TV last night but how do their comments compare with previous statements given here

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/29/mad-suggestion-how-tory-mi...

?

They are all rogues

but Boris is a pro rogue

Removed User 29 Aug 2019

I was disappointed with the interview with Rees Mogg this morning on R4. John Humphries did a real powder puff interview letting him simper on about how lovely it was to be on the show and how thrilling it was to have an audience with the Queen yesterday.

If only they'd had Dennis Skinner waiting in the corner of the studio to chew his head off.

Tringa 29 Aug 2019
In reply to Doug:

Saw that article. Would like to see all them brought into a TV interview and explain how suspending parliament is now such a great idea, but unfortunately I don't think it will happen.

Dave

tonyg9241 29 Aug 2019

We can't trust any of our MP from any party even so the people behind them, these civil service minsters how many years have they been giving out advice to different governments its high time for a change these civil servants should only work through the life of elected government then be invited to reapply for their jobs. lets not forget how quickly  the government backed down when the civil service threatened to go out on strike over their pensions? 

Post edited at 11:10
 Pete Pozman 29 Aug 2019
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

> They are all rogues

> but Boris is a pro rogue

That is genuine wit; right there! 

Post edited at 13:04
In reply to Pete Pozman:

If anyone wanted proof they’re lying, Wallace’s supposedly off-the-record comments provide it.

jcm

In reply to Doug:

I pondered last night that we have been softened up to both hard Brexit and suspension of parliamentary democracy over the last few months; by bringing it into the discussion (starting with it being unthinkable), both have become normalised.

If they had suddenly said 'hard Brexit', or 'suspend Parliament' without first planting the seed months beforehand, I'm sure the reaction would have been much stronger.

ali k 29 Aug 2019

It didn’t take long before the truth slipped out from one of them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-49516694/defence-secretary-ben-wa...

birdie num num 29 Aug 2019

> I've been trying to keep count of the number of tories I've seen on BBC tonight telling us this prorogation is just about honing a Queens speech is perfectly understandable. I think it's five so far.

If you’re having difficulty with it all, you do have another hand. Each one is five.

sg 29 Aug 2019

No deal really is odds on now, even if it's not what BJ wants, whatever Ruth D said he said. The Brexiteers can see the winning post and they won't be denied. Either BJ doesn't want a deal or, he does and thinks the EU will move, on the backstop, amongst other things. He's forgotten that, even if the EU do move, the ERG will still vote a deal down because that's the kind of scum currently holding sway on this sceptre isle. 

aln 30 Aug 2019

Didn't Boris say a while ago that he would prorogue to get Brexit done?

ScottTalbot 30 Aug 2019
In reply to tonyg9241:

That would be another way to bring the country to its knees, i suppose... 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...