UKC

microsoft 365 business for non profits

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mick taylor 20 Oct 2020

Not sure if anyone has ever set this up?  I made an account so that as a charity, we can get 365 business for free but I'm stuck as to next steps.  I just want to install it, anyone know how?

Dax H 20 Oct 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

You possibly can't install it and may have to run it through a Web portal. 

I may be wrong but I seem to remember 2 tier pricing when we moved over to it, online only or off line. Offline also allows online use across multiple devices. 

mick taylor 20 Oct 2020
In reply to Dax H:

Thanks. I’ve sent an email. Seems too good an offer to ignore so will persevere. 

SouthernSteve 20 Oct 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

As I read it you get 'premium' so you should be able to download.

Looking at our paid setup, Have you navigated to the admin centre? - The topology is definitely aimed at the IT crowd! 

https://admin.microsoft.com/Adminportal/Home?source=applauncher#/homepage

This where you manage licence and users. Then in the standard office.com login you should have an install button in the top right. 

mick taylor 20 Oct 2020
In reply to SouthernSteve:

Ive got to the install button but then get a message:  'you currently have not been assigned an office licence that includes  the office desktop apps.....'.  Thats were i get stuck.

In reply to mick taylor:

I think you only get the web and mobile versions for free. If you want to install Office products on a PC you have to pay. At least, that's what I think it says here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/nonprofit/office-365-nonprofi...

SouthernSteve 20 Oct 2020
In reply to Thugitty Jugitty:

It's confusing as there is a banner across the middle of the page that says

Get Microsoft 365 Business Premium free

But reading below I tend to agree with your comment. 

Post edited at 14:24
In reply to SouthernSteve:

You're right, it's confusing.

mick taylor 20 Oct 2020
In reply to Thugitty Jugitty:

I think you're right on all points, but you've helped me get my head around it.  Think it may be cheaper getting a 365 Home (only need it on 5 devices).

Rob Parsons 21 Oct 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

> I think you're right on all points, but you've helped me get my head around it.  Think it may be cheaper getting a 365 Home (only need it on 5 devices).

Depending on the functionality you need, the free software LibreOffice might provide an alternative. Worth a look, anyway.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...