UKC

microsoft teams

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 26 Jul 2021

Numpty question:  I use a webmail at work, not outlook or anything microsoft based.  When I get an email inviting me to a teams meet I cant see the date or time of the meeting in the invite and need to request someone actually tells me the meeting details.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? 

mondite 26 Jul 2021
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Do you have it set up to hide external images etc? Might be being blocked as external content depending how they have it set up.

Iamgregp 26 Jul 2021

Can you not just click the link and then it adds it to the Calendar in Teams?

In reply to Iamgregp:

That’s what I think/hoped should happen, but it doesn’t, and this is why I wondered if it’s because I don’t use outlook. Might reinstall teams and see what happens. 

hang_about 26 Jul 2021

We use Google Mail and Teams meetings show up OK

coinneach 26 Jul 2021

Go to your calendar and click "join"

In reply to coinneach:

I think I’ve analysed the problem. When I got my work laptops I got a charity discount for Microsoft office and had to set up a separate Microsoft account. This is the account linked with teams (I checked this by inviting myself to a meeting using my personal email and seeing who it came from and it’s a ‘@omnimicrosoft etc etc).  I now need to remember a load of passwords and sort it.  Somehow. 

SouthernSteve 26 Jul 2021

They need to send you a calendar invite rather than just the link, then it should be fine. 

Iamgregp 26 Jul 2021

Ah yeah, I think something similar happened at my work, which made moving from sharepoint to teams way more complicated than it was supposed to be…

Toerag 27 Jul 2021

Top tip if you're doing lighthearted meetings where the view is set to show everyone in a theatre background or suchlike - set your background to be a picture of a character of your choice then cover up your webcam. The software then puts the character in the meeting, brilliant fun!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...