UKC

Mortgage advisor in Edinburgh?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dom Connaway 12 Sep 2018

Hi All,

It's time for the mortgage round again, and with three to do we'd like to shop around for a good advisor; recommendations please.

RomTheBear 12 Sep 2018
In reply to Dom Connaway:

> Hi All,

> It's time for the mortgage round again, and with three to do we'd like to shop around for a good advisor; recommendations please.

Just go to any broker. They all do exactly the same thing and use the same backoffice recommendation system.

Do not go direct with a retail bank.

Dom Connaway 13 Sep 2018
In reply to RomTheBear:

Thanks for that, Rom. Sounds like we can be lazy and just stay with our present guy.

GrantB 13 Sep 2018
In reply to RomTheBear:

That's interesting.  Why do you not like dealing directly with a bank?

RomTheBear 13 Sep 2018
In reply to GrantB:

> That's interesting.  Why do you not like dealing directly with a bank?

It's not that I don't like, it's simply that they offer better deals through brokers than they do directly, supply because the competition on price is more intense through the brokers. That is where the big lenders compete on price for volume.

One thing to be aware of though with brokers, is that they tend to always push you for 2 years deals (that's better for them as they probably get your business again in two years time...). If that is fine with you, good, but if you think 5 years is best for you do not let them dissuade you. There are some really good 5 years deals to get through brokers right now.

Post edited at 10:51
 icehockeyhair 13 Sep 2018

Hi, I'd recommend Rory at the Mortgage Centre Partnership for one in Edinburgh. I've dealt with 2 or 3 over the years and I'd suggest he has been the best. For example, the others often never got back to me on things for ages unless I was hassling them every day.

Dom Connaway 13 Sep 2018
In reply to icehockeyhair:

Thanks for that, I'll be sure to look him up.

Jim 1003 18 Sep 2018

Also recommend Rory, has just done one for me very good, no fee.

Dom Connaway 18 Sep 2018
In reply to Jim 1003:

Thanks for that, Jim.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...