UKC

Mountain Rescue on M6 this morning?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 another_mark 26 Jan 2013
I understand that the Mountain Rescue teams were out on the M6 this morning. Anyone know which team it was?

There are some grateful people who may well make a donation.

Suggest you post on http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1243452&...
 Welsh Kate 26 Jan 2013
In reply to another_mark:
It was Bowland-Pennine. Hightlights the 'more than just mountains' bit of the MR publicity!
 spearing05 26 Jan 2013
In reply to Welsh Kate:
> (In reply to another_mark)
> It was Bowland-Pennine. Hightlights the 'more than just mountains' bit of the MR publicity!

+1
 Brass Nipples 26 Jan 2013

Love the "this guy had a crash on his own" post!
 kwoods 26 Jan 2013
In reply to another_mark: You're addicted when you read the thread title and think it's talking about mixed grades
 DNS 27 Jan 2013

My former team, Bolton, were out all night also. The less mountainous teams are occasionally denegrated by those who know no better. All the MRTs consist of volunteers, often making a personal financial contribution to the cause. Decent people.
 Neil Conway 27 Jan 2013
In reply to DNS:

Hi Dave,

It was a bizarre night,the traffic was backed up on the M6 from north of Charnock Richard services to the hill just north of the M58 junctions. Artics were unable to get any purchase on the snow to get up the hill. Plenty of snowmen along the way.
 Brass Nipples 27 Jan 2013

I take it all three lanes were blocked with only hard shoulder free, or was that blocked as well?
 Neil Conway 28 Jan 2013
In reply to A Game of Chance:
most of the time it was free, sometimes it was blocked by jack-knifed artics, other times just blocked by chancers trying to force a way through, only to be stopped by the snow.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...