UKC

Navalny Returns to Moscow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elsewhere 17 Jan 2021

And detained on arrival.

Putin's rivals usually end up dead, in prison or exiled so a brave man to return.

Misha 17 Jan 2021
In reply to elsewhere:

Indeed...

HansStuttgart 18 Jan 2021
In reply to elsewhere:

I am thorougly impressed.

kwoods 18 Jan 2021
In reply to elsewhere:

A few weeks ago I watched the full video where he duped one of his would-be murderers into giving out the details of the poisoning on the phone. Blew me away.

I heard the opinion earlier today he would be 'politically dead' if he was an activist operating outside Russia, but I also want to think that his infamy from the past year will make it more difficult for the Russian government to do away with him. No idea if that is case.

​​​​​​Guy has got balls. 

Post edited at 19:23
 Denning76 18 Jan 2021
In reply to elsewhere:

Catch-22 for the man. If he stays away he's still in danger (see Litvinenko and the Skripals) and in a weaker position to oppose Putin, the reason he's in danger in the first place. If he goes back, he's in more danger, but also may be better placed to oppose.

Either way, reckon Putin will give it a little while until he tries something again. He likes his plausible deniability and won't get that if he offs him immediately. One thing is true though, unless Navalny does a Rodchenkov, he will not be safe no matter where he lives.

Removed User 18 Jan 2021
In reply to elsewhere:

Brave to the point of foollhardiness. Dont think he is long for this world, sadly.

In reply to elsewhere:

In 'custody' for 30 years, sorry, days.

For a start... Jails are places where accidents happen; slip on soap in the shower, fall down a staircase, or just get knifed by another 'inmate'...

Misha 19 Jan 2021
In reply to elsewhere:

Certainly brave. Attack is the best form of defence? I guess he's figured that Putin won't dare kill him now - a risky calculation for sure, particularly as he has a family.

OP elsewhere 19 Jan 2021
In reply to Misha:

He could get political asylum in the west and stay silent to be probably be left alone by Putin. 

That's not what he chose. That's cold blooded bravery.

Misha 19 Jan 2021
In reply to elsewhere:

Agree. Except as the Salisbury events have shown, no one is really safe...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...