UKC

NEC Outdoor show.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdCo82 02 Oct 2011
......for climbing, mountaineering and camping is it as good as it used to be???
 winhill 02 Oct 2011
In reply to An Triubhas:

no, it's bollocks.

The Outdoors Show moved to London, so that's shit.

What's left at the NEC is The Outdoor Leisure Show, which is even shitter.

So think shitty bollocks and you won't go far wrong.
 Sam Edwards 02 Oct 2011
In reply to winhill:

Do you work for their marketing company?? Because your really selling it
 tlm 04 Oct 2011
In reply to An Triubhas:

lots of caravans, if you like that type of thing...
 teflonpete 04 Oct 2011
In reply to winhill:
> (In reply to An Triubhas)
>
> no, it's bollocks.
>
> The Outdoors Show moved to London, so that's shit.
>
> What's left at the NEC is The Outdoor Leisure Show, which is even shitter.
>
> So think shitty bollocks and you won't go far wrong.

Not a fan then? :0)
Lisa_K 04 Oct 2011
In reply to An Triubhas:

If the two I went to earlier this year are anything to go by, don't make a special trip... Okay but nothing brilliant. Best exhibitor was DMM, had their ice wall there and the ex picked up some cheap slings, a rope and some binas I think. The food stalls were pretty good though...
 tlm 04 Oct 2011
In reply to An Triubhas:

there will be lots of people wearing cardigans and talking about the merits of different makes of chemical toilet...
Mr_Yeti 04 Oct 2011
In reply to An Triubhas:

There was the boat show oposite so you could go and stroll round a Princess.
 kfv 04 Oct 2011
In reply to An Triubhas: I went to the outdoor show a few years ago and it was pretty good for all things adventure sports, i even got a 50m rope for just £50 from the dmm stand.

I went to the outdoor leisure show this year and it was barely even a shadow of what it used to be, nothing there to interest a climber at all, it was all for people who like walking and holding up the summer traffic in big metal tents.
 agibb 04 Oct 2011
In reply to An Triubhas:

It was in ExCel in London last year. I got some pretty good bargains from the DMM stand. You'll have to spend a fair whack to cover your ticket cost in discount. A lot more if you're travelling any distance. There wasn't really anything else there to interest me.
 ezzpbee 05 Oct 2011
In reply to tlm:
> (In reply to An Triubhas)
>
> there will be lots of people wearing cardigans and talking about the merits of different makes of chemical toilet...

so what is the best chemical toilet then ?
In reply to agibb:

> You'll have to spend a fair whack to cover your ticket cost in discount.

There are often plenty of free tickets knocking around; I've never paid to get to the NEC one.

The last time I went was 2009, for the CoLAB competition. There wasn't much that interested me (even for the short time not on the stand), so I don't think I'd pay for a ticket, or the train fare to the NEC, or even to London. Some of the talks might be worth catching (I wanted to see Paddy Dillon's lightweight backpacking talk, if only to see him wave a SqueezeBox stove at the punters...).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...